Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:45:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

SMBO Developer Interview #2 (2/15/12)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SMBO Developer Interview #2 (2/15/12)  (Read 223 times)
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:14:50 pm »

Sorry that I posted this discussion late; access to SMBO through a normal computer is getting difficult for me. Right now I'm mostly just making posts through other devices with internet connection and a browser. Here's the interview, but I must warn that some questions may not be exactly as I asked during the real interview.

HERE IT IS:

Question: When you decided to/started creating SMBO, how many people or how popular did you think it was going to become?

Answer: Daily Double! (jk XD)
When we originally started developing SMBO, I knew it would popular if we simply made it good. I expected SMBO to get around 10 players on consistently, but I was always prepared for more.

Question: All games lack something; whether it be intricacy in the graphics or music selection or design. What do you think SMBO lacks?

Answer: I feel SMBO lacks depth in its battle system. We were originally going to put in Action Commands and such, but some difficulties, as well as priorities, arised that delayed that from happening.

Question: What is your favorite part of creating and adding new things to SMBO?

Answer: My favorite part of making updates is brainstorming ideas. Implementing them in maps is probably my least favorite because I have to wait and finish other maps first.

Question: Do you decide most of the stuff before you start working, or do you just get a general idea of a new update and make things up along the way?

Answer: Yes, I do partially plan what I'm going to make beforehand, but roughly 90% of what I make is figured out along the way.

Question: When do you decide to do an update and when do you work on it? Do you simply start working on an update after the previous one was finished?

Answer: To be honest, I'm not sure. Sometimes I come up with cool ideas right away and start working on the next update, and sometimes I just leave it until I come up with something. I guess you can say that I make updates whenever I have new ideas, but there's no specific time frame between updates

Question: What's your favorite part overall of SMBO? Is it playing as a normal player along with other players, level grinding, enjoying the aspects of your creations, or modding?

Answer: I'd say a little of each, actually. As a normal player, my favorite aspect of the game is traveling with other players and helping others get past the bosses.

This concludes this interview! Sorry for it being a little short, but that's the way it goes sometimes!
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: