Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:19:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

SMBO Unofficial Race Tournament!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SMBO Unofficial Race Tournament!  (Read 1179 times)
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:10:24 pm »

Yes, since it is almost the Christmas season I will now re-release registration periods for the unofficial race tourney! This is a different topic because the rules have been dramatically revamped, and I will most likely remove the other post, as well as the practice days post. Here's the general scope:

Race for prizes through multiple different tracks through three events! This triathlon will consist of 3 races- Classic, Combat, and Seek. The tournament will take place on 3, hopefully consecutive days. Grand Prizes are also to be awarded. I'll try to get Kimi and Hydra to make some certificates or something...

Classic~
Race through tracks to a certain destination! Race against 2 other people and try to get the the specified location the fastest! 1st place will get you 8 points, 2nd 5 points, and 3rd 3 points. Here are the tracks:
Mushroom Plains- You will line up at the border between MT and MP, and race all the way to Koopa Islands Village! This will require being able to use the spin badge. First person to enter the village wins!
Koopa Islands- Start from the map with the toy, and make it all the way to the green coconutter map!
Sewer- Start from the card shop, and make your way to the DE shop! first person to reach the inside of the DE shop wins!
Desert- Start from the shop in Kinopio village, and make your way to TutanKoopa
Mushroom Fields- Start from the shop in MT, and first person to reach the first map in FH wins!

Combat~
1 vs 1 another person by reaching a place first, and then defeating them in PvP or a boss fight! First place for race and combat is 4 points, then 2nd is 2 points.
Mushroom Plains- Start at the wall of the tutorial, and race all the way to MP PvP.
Koopa Islands- Start at the map with the toy, and race to the green coconutter.
Desert- Start at the store in Kinopio village, and race to TutanKoopa
Desert PvP- Rather than going to TutanKoopa, go to the Desert PvP
MK PvP- Start at the restoration house in MK, then race to the PvP

Seek~
A hider will have 2 minutes of preperation time, and 2 minutes of travel time to hide in a certain place in the specified region! You and 2 other people will have different amounts of time, depending on the region to find the leader. Points apply the same way they do in Classic Race. However, if you cannot find the leader within the certain time frame, then the leader automatically wins 8 points. Here are points scoring for the leader: Found in the first 25% of seconds- 2 points. Found in the First 40% of seconds- 3 points, Found in the first 60%- 5 points. Found in the first 75%- 6 points. Failed to be found within the time limit: 8 points.
Mushroom Plains~ Anywhere that has Mushroom Plains as the name in the window/form
Koopa Islands~ Anywhere in KI and KIV
Desert~ Anywhere within the desert, but not Kinopio village
FH~ Anywhere in Flower Hills, except for the boss room
MK~ Anywhere in Mushroom Kingdom CITY!!

Here are the base rules-
Items are usable, but it is preferred not as it lags the game for people in the same map by a slight amount, and you slow down when you use them. Your choice though...
There is 1 judge per race, and they get the final say in the matter. If I tie occurs, the points are halved and distributed.
Each event happens one per day. The first day will be Classic, then Combat, then Seek
Anything goes for PvP and Boss fights, your opponent could simply kill steal (KS) and gain the points! Watch out for this, and please refrain from raging if such a thing happens
People will be ranked by level increments, or similar levels. Prepare characters with extremely high speed points so that you have a higher chance of winning!
You can only enter 1 character, I have no real way of checking whether you made a seperate login acc, but I would appreciate it if you wouldn't do such a thing D:
Your character will have to participate in all 3 events, unless you want to withdraw and gain a default of 2 points. Be sure to balance your character for the 3 different events.
You can choose 1 of the tracks for each seperate event. Select tracks you have an advantage in or you are most knowledgable about. If you're attack points are low, then I would suggest choosing the coconutter boss for Combat, etc...
Prizes will be awarded to everyone!

Grand Prize:
Life shroom! (This is the only way to achieve your third life shroom!)
Certificate of Achievement!
1000 coins

People who get 15 points or more!
Certificate of Achievement!
Shroob Shroom and Mushroom Soup
250 coins

All others:
Certificate of Participation
1 ultra shroom and 1 jammin jelly
100 coins

Classic~
Sewer:
MasterMario97
Penguin4478
Kimimaru
HydraKiller4000

Combat~
Koopa Islands:
MasterMario97
Penguin4478

Desert PvP:
Kimimaru
Hydrakiller4000

Seek~
MK:
MasterMario97
Penguin4478
Kimimaru
Hydrakiller4000

Judges~
Penguin4478
hydrakiller4000
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:58:02 am by Penguin4478 » Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MasterMario97
Red Koopa Troopa

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:46:39 pm »

Since the game is back on development this tournament should be more than enough to spice up things if you get my drift.

Name to go by: MasterMario97
Name of character entering: MasterMario97 (Level 54)
Days that you wish the tournament to be one: 27, 28 and 29
The three tracks that you wish to participate in: Sewer from Classic, Koopa Islands from Combat and MK from Seek
Whether or not you want to be a judge: I'll be focusing more on the races rather than the judging so I'll let someone else be a judge
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:03:52 pm »

Thanks for entering. I added the application data to the charts, and also my own too. Apparently we're planning to do the same tracks. Pick out a good hiding place! Unfortunately, this post has been totally ignored, even though I am aware of many people being on this forum everyday. I hope we can get atleast 12 people to participate in the tournament! Otherwise, the tournament will be cancelled D:
Report Spam   Logged

Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 02:06:33 am »

Name to go by: Kimimaru
Name of character entering: Kimimaru (Level 47)
Days that you wish the tournament to be on: December 20, 21, and 22
The three tracks that you wish to participate in: Mushroom Kingdom - Seek, Desert PvP - Combat, and Sewer - Classic
Whether or not you want to be a judge: I don't want to be a judge
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 02:23:25 am by Kimimaru » Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 08:18:51 pm »

Oh I forgot to mention this important thing but if there are not enough participants in a certain type of race, you may be forced to be moved to another race that is short on 1 person. Also, if you can, please sign up to be a judge. It would be very hard to keep track of stuff and efficiently use the tournament time without more than 1 judge
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:20:30 pm by Penguin4478 » Report Spam   Logged

hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 08:45:38 pm »

Name to go by: hydrakiller4000
Name of character entering: hydrakiller4000 (Level 35)
Days that you wish the tournament to be one (please choose 3 consecutive days): December 19, 20, and 21
The three tracks that you wish to participate in: Mushroom Kingdom - Seek, Desert PvP - Combat, and Sewer - Classic
Whether or not you want to be a judge: I'd like to be a judge
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 09:27:44 pm »

Thanks for signing up to be a judge! I've now added your application information, and we only need 8 more people to have to tournament ready! Also, I haven't totally figured out my Christmas break schedule, but I'm afraid I can't do the tourney until probably around the 20th at earliest, and I still have to get some work done. Mayhaps we could do the tournament after Christmas? It would be a lot easier for me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:30:08 pm by Penguin4478 » Report Spam   Logged

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:58 pm »

wow... looks like I'll have to turn this into a 4-person tourney... If It's okay, can I move all the participants to the races that mastermario97 and I are participating in? If it isn't, I can flip a coin or something to determine. Also, please choose your best days available between 20-30 of December at 10:00 AM-7:00 PM EST. The tournament WILL NOT occur if the people who have already signed up do not post again on clarified dates. Also, Kimi has agreed to make the grand prize a life shroom, and all people who participate will get a certificate, considering there are only 4 ppl participating.
Report Spam   Logged

Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 02:23:02 am »

I changed my dates.
Report Spam   Logged
mariofan13
Koopa Troopa

OBJECTION! That is not a mushroom!!

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 08:22:59 pm »

I don't think I will be able to participate in this even though I really want to. It actually depends on when this is happening.
Report Spam   Logged

MasterMario97
Red Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 04:28:13 am »

Any 3 consecutive days between 20 and 30 of December.

Oh and the days I chose will remain the same.
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

hmm, so you still are participatingn MM97?

I've decided on the dates: please tell me if they don't work.
December 19-21, because that's when my winter break starts. I can always change it if it doesn't work for you or I can move it up a day or 2

The time I think will be 5:00 EST and since there's only 4 ppl, we can choose to participate in multiple races or just one. Please tell me or PM me whether or not you want to do 1 race or multiple races per day! I might make the PvP tournament right after this, btw.
Report Spam   Logged

SuperVio
Shrooblet

I've got my values.So you can keep yours, alright?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 11:04:48 am »

i kinda wanna join the classic but since it would make the number of people un-even idk if i should. let me know if i can  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Everyone has their own little internal world-a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic-individuality. And the logic of one world means nothing in another. Understanding other people isn't hard... It's Impossible.
Joshua(Yoshiya Kiryu)
MasterMario97
Red Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 12:07:51 pm »

19-21 are exactly the days when I still have school and the last chance to get better results. I can be free after 23 December. Oh and 1 race per day could give some players a chance to relax. Tournaments usually give a certain level of pressure, especially when it comes about racing tournaments.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:14:26 pm by MasterMario97 » Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 12:27:15 pm »

OK because that didn't work I can always do I can then do 23,24,25, if you're available on christmas. Tell me whether or not the time itself doesn't work. Also, cloud, if you want to participate you can always just join 1 race, but you won't be applicable for the actual tourney. It wouldn't mess the number of people up, cuz I can always fix that...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: