Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:46:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

The Good ol' days

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good ol' days  (Read 633 times)
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

I'm good looking, aren't I?

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:52:03 pm »

Yep, there were some good times in SMBO history. This topic is to discuss some great things in this MMO history.

I remember quite a few memories...

#1: Joining SMBO- Okay, I expect to see a lot of posts regarding their first time joining as a great memory, but I wanted to get mine out first. The first MMORPG of Mario I saw was SMO, but I found out the admin was a jerk and you must PAY to get on. Once I saw those points, I decided not to play.
I then saw another MMORPG of Mario, which was this one. I was a little shy to get on, seeing people could get their information stolen by sending your data over, but I decided to take the risk. I was hoping a Goomba would be playable, but I was wrong. I chose Toad instead, seeing he's my favorite character in Mario Kart.
I eventually got used to the game, sometimes being called a n00b sometimes, but look at me now, a level 43 Toad with good equipment. This is an accomplishment.

#2: Many players online- Back in the past, SMBO's average player count was around five or six people. It's a real shame to see this is now an almost abandoned game. I remember there being around twelve people online once, and playing STS with lots of teammates. It was great.

#3: Online Legends- When I was around, there were many online players that seemed to be the best. I remember Luck, the person I used to do a shop with. Chaox was one of the best Toad players I knew, and we wore the same clothes and color. I remember one person mistaking me for him.  Shocked
I also remember the Spanish talking Leandro. It was pretty cool when he and Kimi would talk globally in Spanish and one person would say "SPEAK ENGLISH!"

Now that I'm done, what are your memories?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

chs223
Goomba

Lps! Coming Soon!

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:00:15 am »

So true Shroomerson I miss the days where we all trained to be stonger than the other...and i ALAWAYS won Tongue
I also miss when they released new areas and you could see people rushing that way ;(
Those were awesome days!
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

Cry Yeah I miss those days too... although I didn't join until the summer a year after the game was finished... I believe about 1.5 years ago. Now the game is kinda lonely, no one is on, and I've actually only played STS 3 times D: It was fun when the DE occured and everyone had fun dying in the hard mode, and also when we helped each other find new areas. Now the only way to get multiple on is to host an event. That's why I made the Race tourney 2-3 days long, so the game can be active longer than just a few hours. but yeah, I miss the old days when SMBO was popular a lot. When I found SMBO, I guess it was kinda a lucky thing. The first thing I found was SMO, and PMO. I also found NSMO, although I'm not sure if that's the same thing as SMO cuz I didn't need to pay to play. In my opinion, SMBO is the best. I also wish the level cap was extended a little farther, so it would make testing new things out easier to do, and I also wish there were higher level enemies, but that's about it. I really wish SMBO could come back to being around 4+ people on at a time. The only good things now is that SMBO is open 24/7. It used to close around 9:00 PST and open around 7-8:00 PST for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
MasterMario97
Red Koopa Troopa

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:07:46 pm »

The day when I joined SMBO was still full with people even though it was morning for me and for others a little earlier or later and seeing names of some guys I heard of before just kept making my day even better. Everyone was willing to help and play minigames but now....SMBO is empty and new people feel lonely, leaving after a short while of gameplay. My question is: what happened to the big life of SMBO and how can we bring it back?(by bringing it back I mean not only just for the time of a tournament or any other kind of event)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:09:29 pm by MasterMario97 » Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 06:52:11 pm »

Although this suggestion is slightly off-topic, I believe that maybe we could use the version of eclipse and make new tilesets, maps, and item pics too with stat listings, that are hopefully balanced. Then, maybe we could hand it all to kimi and he could spend a day or two implementing all the graphics, maps and items into the game for another update. Probably not going to happen, but I believe this could bring back some popular SMBO times.
Report Spam   Logged

Chaox
Global Moderator

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 09:20:15 pm »

Im am not forgotten! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 07:24:36 pm »

yes indeed  Grin

Another note: There are actually sometimes 4 ppl on at a time on normal hours, but only sometimes. The rest of the time its 0-3 people.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:16:53 am by Penguin4478 » Report Spam   Logged

mariofan13
Koopa Troopa

OBJECTION! That is not a mushroom!!

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 05:00:40 pm »

I remember the good old days. First time I ever joined there was no one online and this was when the sprite glitch was happening. Talking and getting to know people and talking to the creators was great. I will always treasure those days.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: