Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:36:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

run-time error 10050 network subsystem failed

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: run-time error 10050 network subsystem failed  (Read 1252 times)
Ace
Koopa Troopa

tanuki mario! (Mr.L300 gave it to me) :)

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary
« on: May 29, 2011, 02:55:07 pm »

when I try to start the game a window pops up and says "run-time error 10050 network subsystem failed.  How do I fix this?
Report Spam   Logged

my dream for SMBO is for it to have many people on at once having fun together and playing minigames often.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:34:58 pm »

Hello, Ace. In order to troubleshoot your error accurately, could you please tell me the operating system you are running on your computer? To check this, look at the very bottom-left of your computer screen. If it says "Start," then you are using Windows XP.

If it shows a Windows Orb, click on it, then right-click on the tab that says Computer. Scroll down the list and left-click on Properties. A screen will pop up, and there will be a subsection named Windows Edition. Please tell me what it says there; it should say either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Additionally, check whether you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. On that same screen, look for another subsection called System. There, look for something that says System Type. To the right of that, you will see whether you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

After I receive this information from you, I can help to resolve this error more accurately. Thanks, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Ace
Koopa Troopa

tanuki mario! (Mr.L300 gave it to me) :)

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:35:04 pm »

My operating system is windows 7 and the system type is 64-bit.
Report Spam   Logged

my dream for SMBO is for it to have many people on at once having fun together and playing minigames often.
Segatendo
Forum Designer

I'm Kooper, kooper the koopa.

View Profile WWW
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:01:41 am »

Lol, I think that any person should obviously be able to tell what computer their using without being told how to.
Report Spam   Logged

hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 03:12:35 pm »

Lol, I think that any person should obviously be able to tell what computer their using without being told how to.

Well, people should be able to tell what computer operating system they are using, but the fact is that many people don't know which operating system they have and don't know how to find out.

My operating system is windows 7 and the system type is 64-bit.

I'm very sorry for the late response, Ace; for some reason, I didn't notice that anyone replied to this topic. Try disabling any anti-virus software you have on your computer because that may be blocking your internet connection to our server. This error occurs because you lack or have an improper internet connection to our server. This is not computer-specific, although certain software on your computer can cause this error to occur. If you need help disabling your anti-virus or need further troubleshooting, please Private Message me because I receive better notifications when someone private messages me; therefore, I will be able to help you more quickly.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: