Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 18, 2024, 10:50:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Official Super Mario Bros. Online Wiki

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Super Mario Bros. Online Wiki  (Read 3341 times)
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:08:56 am »

Hello everyone! I have made a wiki for SMBO! It contains a lot of information about the game. I encourage you all to join and contribute to it! Here's the link:

http://supermariobrosonline.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros_Online_Wiki

Post on this topic if you have a question about the wiki. Thanks in advance to all contributors!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kopper
Koopa Troopa

Avvy needs more loevs.

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:26:08 pm »

Wait, my username is taken?

...what devilry is this? I don't remember signing up.
Report Spam   Logged

jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:31:50 pm »

Hm, that's odd.  Of course, there was also a user registered as "UberFuzzy" which was definitely not me.
Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
Ace
Koopa Troopa

tanuki mario! (Mr.L300 gave it to me) :)

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:01 pm »

ooh I sure some of the things in the beta elements section are in the 2nd part of the huge update. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

my dream for SMBO is for it to have many people on at once having fun together and playing minigames often.
Cop7000
Goomba

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 09:59:24 am »

how can i contribute? i wish to do thaat please
Report Spam   Logged
Razz the Koopa
Red Koopa Troopa

Razz the Koopa on SMBO Forums. Yoshinator on SMBO.

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:11:42 pm »

Yikes. Just....yikes. I'm not sure how to even begin commenting on this without sounding offensive, so to begin, I will start by saying that I mean no offense in anything I am about to say.

First off, the time constraints. I can understand that you wouldn't want to keep the players waiting during an update, but when you set your own time constraints that intefere with development, it cuts down on quality, and quantity. My belief is that if the players themselves want something totally awesome and epic, they should be willing to wait an extended time period for extra features to be added. Also, time constraints may strain the developers (I.E. Kimi, and Hydra) and may go against their scheduals, assuming they have something important they're doing, or need to do.

Razz's Suggestion: Remove the Time Constraints, and replace with TBA (To Be Announced) if you need and/or want more time to add things.

Second thing, is Cut Content. And yes, this also ties in heavily with the time constraints, and should be looked at as a whole by the community. If the players want something like the Volcano, or the Cloud World added, let them decide that. I have seen far too many games ruined by a lack of Player/Community Decision in Development.

Razz's Suggestion: If you have things that you want to add, but want to get an update released ASAP, post a poll on the Forum, or start an In-Game Poll asking weither or not to cut something out to release an Update early.

Razz's Second Suggestion: is that if you need something to get done quickly, then hire some extra staff to do mapping, or Item/NPC Development.

And lastly, on the Wiki, I noticed a lack of Advertisement Links. Like links to view videos or ads for SMBO. If you're gonna explain a game, then it would be best to do it while showing off the features.

Razz's Suggestion: Have someone make video's for Youtube of In-Game features, and post them in the wiki, on the forum, or wherever an advertisement of SMBO would be.

Razz's Second Suggestion: Pick one or two Beta Testers from the community to test these features as they are added.

...Whew. Sorry for the Wall of text XD But I just wanted to speak my mind. ^_^"
Report Spam   Logged

Credit to Boshi for the Avitar. Thanks again Boshi, you rock! ^__^

PowerhouseYellow: Level 75.
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:12 pm »

I wrote out the entire Beta Elements section.

I mentioned time constraints because back then hydra and I were leaving for college and needed to get the update out quickly; otherwise, we wouldn't have had any time to do so later. It wasn't even too large of a constraint, either, and this was the only update in which we had limited time.

Those cut areas are simply ideas we had in mind. We certainly do take player suggestions, except we tweak them around to fit in better with the game as a whole. We also have decided not to hire staff because their game development styles would greatly differ from ours, causing great inconsistencies in the game (Ex. Maps).

I like the video idea, and I will get to that once I complete our next promotional video.

Thanks for your insight!
Report Spam   Logged
Razz the Koopa
Red Koopa Troopa

Razz the Koopa on SMBO Forums. Yoshinator on SMBO.

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:28:54 pm »

Okay, I can see the Mapping Style differing, but why not hire Spriters? Or even GFX Development?
Report Spam   Logged

Credit to Boshi for the Avitar. Thanks again Boshi, you rock! ^__^

PowerhouseYellow: Level 75.
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:37 pm »

Development is going very well with just hydra and I, so we simply don't see a need to hire developers.
Report Spam   Logged
smfclub
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »

Thank Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Joe
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 04:17:26 pm »

smfclub please dont come to kimimaru4000 and hydrakiller4000's forum and say something random like "Thank  Grin" please be educated to this topic  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
Garro
Koopa Troopa

Dual Swordman

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 05:48:03 pm »

smfclub please dont come to kimimaru4000 and hydrakiller4000's forum and say something random like "Thank  Grin" please be educated to this topic  Lips Sealed
Uhh... Isn't saying "thank" is something educated anyways.

I was reading the Beta Elements, I loved the underground caves idea. Hopefully you guys can implement this someday (Of course this would mean edit every Drill spot in the game) Except if there will be a new drill badge.
Report Spam   Logged

Joe
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

What is he saying "thank you" though? i find that spammy
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:10 pm »

Yeah, that was smfclub's first post and it's completely unrelated to the topic, so I consider it spam.

Garro, I don't see why we'd have to change all the Drill spots in the game for that to work, especially since not all the spots will go underground. It would be strange to implement this idea right now because there'd be too many Drill spots in random places; besides, I never really knew what I'd put in those caves anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Garro
Koopa Troopa

Dual Swordman

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:02 am »

Garro, I don't see why we'd have to change all the Drill spots in the game for that to work, especially since not all the spots will go underground. It would be strange to implement this idea right now because there'd be too many Drill spots in random places; besides, I never really knew what I'd put in those caves anyway.
Well IMO, if I would add an idea like that I would make it so every drill spot works like that, to add consistency to the game, I would find kind it wierd that half of them leads to underground caves and the other half just make the player pop up somewhere else. Thats just me.

What is he saying "thank you" though? i find that spammy
It is, but its not uneducated :B
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: