Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:07:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Need the Special Badges, yet have no partner?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need the Special Badges, yet have no partner?  (Read 262 times)
Medicguy2
Goomba

CMDS - Philosopher & Owner of Shining Light

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Windows User
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:44 pm »

With the recent inactivity to Super Mario Brothers Online, it is mostly unfortunate to have to deal with, say, a Green Coconutter alone, with no-one online to help, and you need the Spin Badge.

But here's a tip: There is nothing against using multiple accounts in the rules. Kimimaru explained to me that he has no problem with people using more than one account, as there's no harm in, say, giving some cash when one of your other accounts runs low.

This guide will help you if you have more than one account available. If not, you can create one, but training your new character on that account may be a little bit boring to some people, using the PvP experience transfer method.

For this example, I will use three of my characters: One with high Defense, one with a ranged weapon (I would recommend Wario, as, while his shooter is only available at Kinopio Village, you can use a character who already has the Kuribo Shoe to nab it. And don't bother buying ammo for that weapon: Shy Guys drop 4 Bob-Ombs at any time, so using a character with heavy attack emphasis will be able to easily farm the ammo, and trade them to Wario.), and one with heavy attack to land the finishing blow, or even to 1hko, thus sparing ammo for your sniper character. I chose Medicguy2, who has 15 total defense, MedWario2, my shooter (Who has 21(+13) attack), and Medicguy2Atk, whose experimenting days will continue after a bit.

Some commands that will be helpful:

-/trade "playername": Replace "playername" with your character name (Say, Medicguy2 uses /trade MedWario2 ) to give one of your character some item/items he/she (Yoshi can be colored pink Tongue ) will need.
-/party will also work, but only if the characters are 5 levels between each other, otherwise, this isn't viable.
-This isn't a command, but it'd be even more helpful if you have three accounts with these characters to separate your characters, and three accounts is recommended, although, with careful planning, only two are really needed. You might need a powerful machine for this.

Open two or three instances of the SMBO client, and sign-in with one if you had auto-login. (If not, just select whatever log-in.) Select the first character, then use the other log-in details for your other character(s). Have whichever has the most defense (If you didn't select the tank. The tank will have to be last to be picked, for best efficiency.) move up front, then pick your shooter or "mass-defeater" to move ahead, then move your last character. (Although if you have two characters, pick one, then move the other later.) (I apologize if this is confusing.)

Once you get to the boss/midboss, lay the smackdown on the boss, enough times to produce the badge(s) you need for the other characters. Then, get the heck outta there, because you might be slaughtered. (Kamek is especially notorious as he has 24 attack, last I checked.) For Runaway Chain Chomp onward, choose the character with the highest defense to skirt around, collecting the attention of the enemy. (I may have to resort to a different character, because I almost died, thanks to lag, with my tank, to 3 shy guys after collecting his badge. I'll probably skirt with my character with the best damage, as he already has the badge.)

If you have many accounts, you can also use them as dummies for multiplayer mini-games, but I would not recommend this, as it gets tiring VERY easily, for measly amounts of tokens, unless you're completely alone.

Happy gaming! ~Medicguy2
Report Spam   Logged

Luigi ATK experiment on SMBO: Highest-achieved ATK 84 (+30% w/ damage Up)
Yoshi FP/ATK experiment: TBA

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Geno
Goomba

Player of SMBO

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:03:02 pm »

hm thats pretty helpful i guess
Report Spam   Logged

i am back to the world of smbo