Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:41:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

SMBX - Super Mario Bros. and the X Galaxy

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SMBX - Super Mario Bros. and the X Galaxy  (Read 2902 times)
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:34 am »

Hey there! My best episode ever!!! It's my tribute to SMG and SMG2, and it features many levels Galaxy themed and a bunch of stars to collect! Check it out:

STORY: Bowser was quiet in his castle. No one knew what he was planning. The months pass, and Bowser stays in his castle. So, Mario decides that he will check out what's going on with Bowser. When Mario reaches his castle, just before he enters, a gigantic airship fleet lift up his castle into the stars!!! Mario panicks and start to run while bullet bills try to get him. When Mario finally gets to the Princess' castle, he sees a bright star explosion, that starts to make the stars fall. Some Toads thinks that it's the Star Festival, but it weren't. A yellow Luma then fall down in the castle's entrance, where Mario and the Princess were. The Luma then says: "B-Bowser... destroy...... Mama's Observatory!". MAMA-MIA!!! (Mario says). Then, the Toad Brigade shows up and they say that they just had an idea: "My dear princess (says the captain), I brought rockets from a far away land, so they should be useful. If we put then on the castle sides, it should fly like a giant rocket!". So they made it to the cosmos. But suddenly, when they were near Bowser's Airship Fleet, they collide with a bunch of asteroids and the rockets explode, so the castle stays stationary. The captain them that if they get some star power, they can travel trough the galaxies and reach Bowser. The little Luma then tell they that, when the Observatory exploded, it crashed into many starpieces and fell through the galaxies. So, Mario starts to seek the starpieces and reach Bowser, so he can fix everything, and fast!

FEATURES:

-A BIG NUMBER OF STARS TO COLLECT
-A HUB WORLD JUST LIKE PRINCESS PEACH'S CASTLE (SM64)
-MANY GALAXIES TO TRAVEL
-MANY SECRETS ON EVERY GALAXY
-8 COLOURS OF YOSHI WITH THEIR OWN POWERS
-NEW BOSSES (PETEY PIRANHA, DRY BOWSER, etc.)
-VERY DIFFICULT CHALLENGES (LAKIBOSS PURSUIT)
-SMG AND SMG2 MUSIC!!!
-CUSTOM NPCS (LUMA, CHAIN CHOMP, etc.)
-CUSTOM BLOCKS! (RAINBOW BLOCK, CLOUD BLOCK, BULB BLOCK, etc.)
-AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!

MY TEAM: (Currently HIRING)

-Luck (Leader)
-Draco (Level Designer)
-(Empty) (Level Designer)
-(Empty) (Custom Spriter)
-smashman43 (Idea Master)

PS.: I need an APPROVAL LEVEL for LEVEL DESIGNERS, and APPROVAL SPRITES (appropriate to the game) for CUSTOM SPRITERS. I WILL GIVE CREDIT.
The levels should be: non-linear, no other NPC than mushroom coming out of blocks, not many NPCs, well placed tiles and blocks, galaxy themed (following MY story), events (well used), sidequests, and many star exits. If you're alredy a level designer, ask me what level I wish for the game via PM.

RELEASES:

-TEST LEVEL (Sweet Sand Galaxy) http://www.mediafire.com/file/1elkjhdzm4ej8tr/TEST%20LVL.rar
It's a desert themed galaxy with Dusty Dune soundtrack, 3 stars to collect and a bunch of secrets! Feel free to report bugs and glitches you find.

-DEMO 1
-DEMO 2
-DEMO 3
-FULL RELEASE

SCREENIES:

-Sweet Sand Galaxy Album:
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5017/smbtxg1.png
http://img821.imageshack.us/i/smbtxg2.png/
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/smbtxg3.png/
http://img31.imageshack.us/i/smbtxg4.png/
http://img836.imageshack.us/i/smbtxg5.png/
http://img63.imageshack.us/i/smbtxg6.png/

-Prehistoric Falls Galaxy Album: (COMING SOON)
-Dustway Galaxy Album: (COMING SOON)

PS.: Things may change on the releases.

VIDEOS:

-LAKIBOSS PURSUIT - http://yfrog.com/ndlakibosspursuitz (UPDATED VERSION)

PS.: Things also may change on the releases.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:40:04 pm by Luck » Report Spam   Logged

Enter the crazy world of Luck Channel!
Check out at the Forum Games.....Roleplaying

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:15:26 am »

UPDATE: SWEET SAND GALAXY ALBUM

COMING: TEST LEVEL
Report Spam   Logged

Draco
Koopa Troopa

Chuck Norris + uppercut to horse = giraffe.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:42:30 pm »

I'll help with the level design, although I have no experience with level making... so I need to learn the ropes first, if I get a spot.
Report Spam   Logged

CHARACTERS: ATK/FP/HP Yoshi (Draycos)| DEF Luigi (Draco)| SPEED Mario (ThePostman)| STACHE Waluigi (Drake)| HP Toad (Veritas)| ATK Wario (DragonWario)
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:55:31 pm »

Finally someone to reply here XD
You can help Draco, but I need an approval level to be posted here.
Just wait a little more until my test lvl is uploaded (problems with this part), so you can see what types of level i need. I will also make Lakiboss' Pursuit Video soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:14:59 pm »

TEST LEVEL RELEASED!

COMING SOON: LAKIBOSS' PURSUIT VIDEO (It's passable, really)
Report Spam   Logged

BlazeingYoshi
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 07:11:44 am »

I have worked in many forms of level designing and mapping so i might be good enable to help.
as i have no idea what you used to make this at the moment i cant play the test level but any ways contact me by a PM i can give you my private email.
Report Spam   Logged
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 09:34:41 am »

Sorry, I just forgot... You have to download SMBX to play the level (Check my other Topic: SMBX)
So, install it, open its folder, open the "worlds" folder, then extract the folder in the .rar file to this folder.
Now, open the .exe, click Level Editor, then load the "Sweet Sand Galaxy.lvl" just in the folder you extracted earlier. Then, press F5 to play as 1 player or F6 to play as 2 player.

HAVE FUN!
Report Spam   Logged

BlazeingYoshi
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 11:33:25 am »

Thanks i have tryed it out i give you a map to show soon if i,m done on what i have to do
It looks good btw
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:35:22 am by BlazeingYoshi » Report Spam   Logged
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 01:06:14 pm »

CHECK OUT THE NEW VIDEO:

LAKIBOSS PURSUIT!
Report Spam   Logged

Garro
Koopa Troopa

Dual Swordman

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 07:13:34 pm »

Well I'll review the test you link.

Level:
+Exelent Adventure feeling
+Not linear
+Tons of sideroutes and secrets
+Enough Powerups
+Enough Blocks
+Enough coins
+Good use of events.
-Lack of checkpoint (Maybe before Lakiboss?)
-Warps aren't hidden with the layers, so you can actually enter Warp Doors without... Unlocking them.
-You can skip areas where you get the Yellow Yoshi. Jump the Koopa to reach the far right hill, run and jump, you doublejump dropping Yoshi and reach where the Fire Flower is.
-There are impossible to reach areas such as where 2 1ups and a Bussy Bettle are.

Design:
+Exelent Desert feeling.
+Good choice of Tiles.
-Some Orange Sand just cut them on the left and right sides.
-The Sand wall as background is the same as the ground, try making it darker.
-About the previous point, the sand wall just cut them like with the orange ground.

NPCs:
+Good placement of NPCs.
-"This Toad?" All are toads, aleast name him.
-Making a Boss beatable only with powerup is a bad idea, aleast provide 2~3 Powerups if the player get hit, or appears one every 30 seconds would be a nice idea.

(8/10)

This is a project I will enjoy if all the levels are the quality of this one. Good luck with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 07:40:11 pm »

Thanks Garro! Nice review and all. Let me just say something about:

-The checkpoint: There aren't checkpoints because of the first event (WELCOME TO THE GALAXY). So, if you die and return to the checkpoint it will say WELCOME TO THE GALAXY again...
-"This Toad": I will name him XD
-Lakiboss powerup: I think i can change it to Ice blocks that respawn, but i might change the block colour to orange than light blue, so it gets more hot than ice block.  Wink
-The 1UPs: One of them is near the start within breakable blocks. You can't get it until i put something on the level, also i said: somethings should change next releases. The other is right after the yoshi block, where are 2 buzzy beetles within a tiny tunnel. How to get there? Just being tiny mario/luigi. You'll reach it easily.

*ALSO*-> When you enter the level you find a ? block at your side. There are 2 other blocks hidden just on the side of this one. hit them, get up them with tiny mario and enter the tiny tunnel just as you should do in the buzzy beetles one. Easy-way shortcut. You then get a mushroom from the block and go up within the pipe. I may not remove this "BUG", or either the buzzy beetle's one.

-Shortcut though the Yoshi/koopa/ground/run/fireflower: I didn't knew about this one, thanks. I may remove the koopa to break this "chain".

Anyway, for the custom sprites Garro, can you help me design some? Like the darker sand background, etc.
If you accept, I will put you as Main Spriter of the project.
Report Spam   Logged

Garro
Koopa Troopa

Dual Swordman

View Profile WWW
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 4
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 08:05:36 pm »

Thanks Garro! Nice review and all. Let me just say something about:

-The checkpoint: There aren't checkpoints because of the first event (WELCOME TO THE GALAXY). So, if you die and return to the checkpoint it will say WELCOME TO THE GALAXY again...
You can make the event activate when somethign appears on the windows (like a palm or something), then make a continuos event to replace the palm with the event with one without the event, that way you have a 1 time only welcome to galaxy.

-The 1UPs: One of them is near the start within breakable blocks. You can't get it until i put something on the level, also i said: somethings should change next releases. The other is right after the yoshi block, where are 2 buzzy beetles within a tiny tunnel. How to get there? Just being tiny mario/luigi. You'll reach it easily.

*ALSO*-> When you enter the level you find a ? block at your side. There are 2 other blocks hidden just on the side of this one. hit them, get up them with tiny mario and enter the tiny tunnel just as you should do in the buzzy beetles one. Easy-way shortcut. You then get a mushroom from the block and go up within the pipe. I may not remove this "BUG", or either the buzzy beetle's one.
You didn't get me. The 2 1UPs and teh Bussy Bettle are in the bottom of the zone with the ships and the fire flower. It's an unreachable place, but I guess you could have placed it for pure design...

Anyway, for the custom sprites Garro, can you help me design some? Like the darker sand background, etc.
If you accept, I will put you as Main Spriter of the project.
Uhh sorry I doubt I could, I HARDLY work on my own episode I dunno if I could work on urs. Tho I dont have problems in making what you requested me.
Report Spam   Logged

Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 10:07:23 pm »

Ok then, I'll try remaking the event, but I think I didn't got it well...  Undecided
Now I understood the 1UPs one, and it was reachable, but i think i changed some warps and it got unreachable. I might fix it so.
Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

smashman43
Koopa Troopa

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is EPIC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:55 am »

Hey, Ive got the entire collection of SMG and SMG2 songs with Bonus song from Galaxy 2, but the problem is that the Galaxy 2 songs are alittle out of order and they dont have the galaxy names, so i dont know which ones they are. I might be able to help with this with sprites, cuz ive played SMBX and even though it was really good, i couldnt get the lvl editor right. Another great game with lvl editor was SM63 found on the same site that has SMBX (supermariobros.org). But I thought this was a really good idea though.

Plz reply!
Smashman43 the Epicness!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

SMBO will live! That's what I say

Smashman43 (Mario)  Collected All (or almost all) of the badges, items,and
Lvl: 60                    cards.
HP: 35
FP: 30   Completed all of the quests
Atk: 29
Def: 12  Will help out anyone for free (or small fee is needed)
Spd: 6
Stache: 6  Let's make SMBO great
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 11:57:19 am »

Tks smashman43, but I already have the songs I need. I get them from Youtube, by converting to MP3 and editing a little. I will post what sprites I need exactly in the Main Post (1st), so you guys will know what I need exactly.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: