Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:08:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Daily Event Suggestions

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Event Suggestions  (Read 824 times)
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: July 15, 2010, 01:51:41 pm »

Hey guys! Today, we were discussing the Daily Event and how the right side should be more than just avoiding Koopa Troopas. Well, I discussed this with hydra and we came to the conclusion that both sides should remain the same. However, we decided that we can make additional paths to the north and south of the Daily Event's starting screen, and both paths would have a different game.

My question is, what would everyone like to see on these paths? Please post your ideas here.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kopper
Koopa Troopa

Avvy needs more loevs.

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 01:54:56 pm »

A last person standing event that requires at least three people, to the winner go the spoils, to the losers, one each. (You'd need to make sure groupmates can hit each other here, though. Physical and special.)
Report Spam   Logged

Draco
Koopa Troopa

Chuck Norris + uppercut to horse = giraffe.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »

Maybe a wave-of-enemies type thing like Masterdude said in Shroomerson's topic. Except you can earn EXP, bring items, and then get DE coins based on how long you lived (in terms of waves, not time). That'd be the north path, no need for two of the same-it'd just scale from goombas to paratroopas and then the bosses...

Then for the bottom path, a game where there's three spaces right next to eachother horizontal, and you start on the middle. Far ahead of you you can see DE Koopas that move slowly towards the spaces, vertically, then disappear once they get there. If you were on the space when it got there, you die. Depending on how many points you get (each time you evade a DE Koopa) you get DE coins.

An alternative could simply be a large map with flashing tiles, stay on green, get off yellow before it turns red-and you die. Simple, but that means it might be easy to make. Coins given by how long you live.

I second the 'last player standing' suggestion.
Report Spam   Logged

CHARACTERS: ATK/FP/HP Yoshi (Draycos)| DEF Luigi (Draco)| SPEED Mario (ThePostman)| STACHE Waluigi (Drake)| HP Toad (Veritas)| ATK Wario (DragonWario)
BLD
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 02:07:52 pm »

I'd like to see a battle against a strong, boss enemy that would take multiple players to kill. He'd need to be able to teleport as to not get trapped or lured, and a really long-range attack would be nice.

As a variation, perhaps the boss could be a player? Once two players enter, one of them is given massive stat boosts and the others try to take him/her down? Winning team gets the DE coins.

I'd reLly just like something more combat oriented.
Report Spam   Logged

Will pay for shroob shrooms (I'll be back on sunday). PM me for details and pricing.
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:14:43 pm »

Then for the bottom path, a game where there's three spaces right next to eachother horizontal, and you start on the middle. Far ahead of you you can see DE Koopas that move slowly towards the spaces, vertically, then disappear once they get there. If you were on the space when it got there, you die.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Also, I don't think the last player standing suggestion would add much to the Daily Event.

I'd like to see a battle against a strong, boss enemy that would take multiple players to kill. He'd need to be able to teleport as to not get trapped or lured, and a really long-range attack would be nice.

I really like this idea!
Report Spam   Logged
MG2123
Shrooblet

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 03:06:50 pm »

Then for the bottom path, a game where there's three spaces right next to eachother horizontal, and you start on the middle. Far ahead of you you can see DE Koopas that move slowly towards the spaces, vertically, then disappear once they get there. If you were on the space when it got there, you die.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Also, I don't think the last player standing suggestion would add much to the Daily Event.

I think he means, there are 3 lit up squares, and you are only able to walk on these 3 squares, they would be lit up kinda like the STS squares that start the game when 3 people stand on them on each side.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:50:07 pm by MG2123 » Report Spam   Logged
Kopper
Koopa Troopa

Avvy needs more loevs.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 03:16:28 pm »

It probably would, you just need to see how many people might like it.
Report Spam   Logged

Medicguy2
Goomba

CMDS - Philosopher & Owner of Shining Light

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 10:38:17 am »

I'd like to see something similar to a maze (In the north path) but not with DE Koopas at all. There would be obstacles to avoid and such, and each such obstacle deals 10 damage, regardless of Defense. For each obstacle by-passed, you get experience based on the obstacle. (So, a swinging door would be worth 5 experience by-passed. The amounts will be miniscual.) Completing the event nets you 4 DE coins.

For the southern path, I'd like to see a sort of puzzle-based scenario where players need to co-operate to complete. There won't be DE koopas, but aggresive enemies may spoil your fun, so some people need to kill them off while the rest solve the puzzle. For completing this DE event, it's 6 DE coins.
Report Spam   Logged

Luigi ATK experiment on SMBO: Highest-achieved ATK 84 (+30% w/ damage Up)
Yoshi FP/ATK experiment: TBA
Token01
Red Koopa Troopa

They called me Token on game

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 05:18:30 am »

As a variation, perhaps the boss could be a player? Once two players enter, one of them is given massive stat boosts and the others try to take him/her down? Winning team gets the DE coins.

I'd reLly just like something more combat oriented.

Like it, Team work will be builded on this game. Nice thinking there!
Report Spam   Logged

What's in your mind?
jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 09:51:56 am »

I am also in favor of BLD's idea, though the others are all quite good as well.  At any rate, I would like to have it worked in some manner that doesn't result in strictly a win or an OHKO-loss.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:53:28 am by jdaster64 » Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
Amanda Dawn
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 03:18:18 pm »

BLD's Boss/Vamped up player boss is the best idea, go for it.
Report Spam   Logged

~Amanda~
Level 75
Group "The Elite Switch"
Draco
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 10:14:08 pm »

Sorry if this is clustered, but this is my ridiculously long (and probably even harder to code) DE suggestion. But it seems like it could be fun...

Make a horizontal string of nonagressive enemies of one level range, that you'd have to fight through to continue to the end. Enemies give +20% EXP, wouldn't respawn, and it'd cost coins according to which level map you're entering (1-6, 7-13, 14-Max, Boss Rush). You'd have to have the specific badge for ranges 7-13 and 14-Max, which are the spin and K. Shoe badges. The boss rush map would require you to have beaten all of the previous levels and pay several dim star pieces (20-70). It would be a spread out flat map with no player-only zones and four coconutters, three Tutankoopas, and two Runaway Chain Chomps, all agressive.

Only one player may be in any specific map at a time, disregarding the Boss Rush level. The bosses respawn every thirty seconds, and it'd be a fight to the bitter end.

DE Red Koopas would be scattered around the Boss Rush level, but these counterparts of the DE Koopas'd only deal 20% of your health in damage (so people with high DEF and HP can't camp this all day long, lol). Of course, they'll still have the incredibly high DEF and HP...

Depending on which level you pick and reach the end in, you can get one DE coin, two (only for 7-13 and up), or three (only for 14-Max).

The Boss Rush level doesn't have a finish, so after getting a certain amount of points (by killing enemies- Coconutter = 1 point, Tutankoopa = 2 points, Chain Chomp = 4 points- IMO, it should be somewhere around... twenty or thirty) you are awarded with a whopping seven DE coins. Points are given to all players who are on the map when a boss dies. Many bosses people can't take on by themselves, especially when the map is full of them, so one person alone can't go far or do all the work for someone else (this is because the current events seem to revolve around teamwork- I'm going with this).
Report Spam   Logged

CHARACTERS: ATK/FP/HP Yoshi (Draycos)| DEF Luigi (Draco)| SPEED Mario (ThePostman)| STACHE Waluigi (Drake)| HP Toad (Veritas)| ATK Wario (DragonWario)
jdaster64
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39:50 am »

I think that 4 DE tokens is a bit much for the Chain Chomp, seeing as with 16 DEF, he's not all that hard for me to take down alone.  Without the Shy Guys, I'm sure he'd be much easier for everyone in general.  I really like your idea, though, Draco.

Also, perhaps something should be done to avoid pointlessly easy OHKOs on the earlier levels, such as making all enemies aggressive with doubled ATK or something.  I mean, there's not really anything hard about beating a string of level-15 enemies, even at level 20 or so.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:32:13 am by jdaster64 » Report Spam   Logged

Draco
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 12:31:36 pm »

The Runaway Chain Chomp would still be quite difficult, with the Tutankoopas and Coconutters attacking you, not to mention to DE Red Koopas.

The points aren't DE coins, you just have to get 30 points to win the game and get transported out of the map. If it was DE coins, sheesh, that'd put the other areas' rewards to shame...

Perhaps it should be lowered to 3, instead of 4, nonetheless.

I suppose the last part of your post would be enjoyable; I had completely forgotten about the massive amounts of Attack some people have (including me, lol).

The stat and experience boosts given to the DE enemies would need to be in moderation. Alternatively, you could be restricted to your level range after clearing the other levels (ignoring the Boss Rush level), to prevent easy, effortless farming of DE coins.

The only issue with the DE enemies having higher stats than normal, is that a large number of cards would need to be released for all the DE enemies, or have edits made to the existing ones.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:34:01 pm by Draco » Report Spam   Logged

jdaster64
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 03:24:54 pm »

So, I was over-caffeinated and in bed far too early last night, and as a result, I was wide awake; so I thought, what better time to brainstorm?

I got to thinking, I really wanted to see something that could be done single-player, but not involving PvE combat.  Eventually, I came up with this: Monty Mole meets Simon.

Basically, there's a row of four or five Monty Moles which pop out of the ground in a random order, and you have to match what they do somehow (either typing in numbers or attacking the Monty Moles, I dunno).  At any rate, it starts with one mole popping out, and every time you get it correct, another mole is added (or another string is started that is one longer than the previous one).  Miss one and you lose, with prizes being awarded in an inverse-exponential fashion, something like this:

0-11 Moles: 1 [DE] Reward Coin
12-20 Moles: 2 [DE] Reward Coins
21-26 Moles: 3 [DE] Reward Coins
27-29 Moles: 4 [DE] Reward Coins
30+ Moles: 5 [DE] Reward Coins

I figure thirty's hard enough to deserve a prize equal to the maze side, but you shouldn't get more than that.  Also, in a fashion similar to WAM, there should probably be several rooms, with one player allowed per room.

So there's my suggestion, comments would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:27:05 pm by jdaster64 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: