Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 18, 2024, 03:30:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

party leveling glitch, and small character stat glitch

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: party leveling glitch, and small character stat glitch  (Read 614 times)
BLD
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:38:43 am »

Glitch Name (you can make it up): Party glitch

Glitch Description (what happens during the glitch): IDK if anyone's said anything to kimi or hydra about this, but even though parties say that you can't share exp because you're 6+ levels apart, you still can. On a related note, I got the "can't share exp" message a few times even when I WASN'T 6 levels apart.

How to activate the glitch (please be detailed and specific): Just start a party with 2 players who are more than 6 levels apart, and start grinding. You'll gain exp, despite what the game tells you.

Where the glitch occurs (if applicable)(please give the exact map name): Anywhere parties are sold!

How many players are required to make the glitch occur (if applicable): 2 or more

How many NPCs are required to make the glitch occur (if applicable):none that I know of

Why you believe the glitch may occur (if applicable): no clue

Possible ways to fix the glitch (if known): I'm going to be honest here, I think the glitch makes the game better. It's cool to have a new guy come in and get help from some old level capped dude who can't use the exp anyway. I'd just delete any reference to the "6 levels" rule.

Is this glitch reproducible: Easily, multiple times

Screenshot (if you have one): Honestly too lazy to get it now, but I have a pic of my level 10 toad.... who is still in the tutorial area. If anybody doubts this glitch for whatever reason, I might be able to upload it.

EDIT: my bad, totally forgot the stat thing i was gonna add on. Basically, you know how your stats are ususally displayed as X (+Y), where X is your base stat and Y is equipment? If you look at your stats as soon as you log in, before you start playing, your stats will be displayed as Z, where Z = X+Y. This is a convulted explanation, so just check it out for yourself.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:48:48 am by BLD » Report Spam   Logged

Will pay for shroob shrooms (I'll be back on sunday). PM me for details and pricing.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Token01
Red Koopa Troopa

They called me Token on game

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:11:13 am »

i dont like this kinda glitch, it makes people less playing just grinding and make less experiencing.
if you ask for help with a maxed level guy, he/she will fought againts a higher level and make its party become fast gaining exp and fast leveling up so no experience about defeating oppenets
Report Spam   Logged

What's in your mind?
Kopper
Koopa Troopa

Avvy needs more loevs.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:25:50 am »

i dont like this kinda glitch, it makes people less playing just grinding and make less experiencing.
if you ask for help with a maxed level guy, he/she will fought againts a higher level and make its party become fast gaining exp and fast leveling up so no experience about defeating oppenets

But learning the simple PvE of this game is a cinch anyway. Besides, the newbie game is too tough, really.
Report Spam   Logged

Token01
Red Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 07:29:58 am »

true, but if you dont try it harder, and if you dont have a neat you'll say its tough
Report Spam   Logged

What's in your mind?
Kopper
Koopa Troopa

Avvy needs more loevs.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:48:11 am »

Hitting for 0 damage 70% of the time is tough, no matter how you swing it.
Report Spam   Logged

Token01
Red Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:51:42 am »

maybe (just maybe) kimi do that cuz if not leveling will be easy, maybe he do that to make the battle more chalenging. but yeah its hard
Report Spam   Logged

What's in your mind?
Kopper
Koopa Troopa

Avvy needs more loevs.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 07:52:30 am »

...it's just poor balance. The game gets way easier later on.
Report Spam   Logged

Amanda Dawn
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 10:28:52 am »

But we all had to do it (it being 'being a noob'), and there are several several level 45s and beyond who did not have help from this party issue. the creators said they were getting into it, and hopefully with the next update we can have it back. However for the time being, we are not allowd to party with people 6 levels around us.

I totally understood what you meant by the stat glitch, where after you kill an enemy it will say 33 (+7) attack, but when I log in, it will display it as a solid 40.
Report Spam   Logged

~Amanda~
Level 75
Group "The Elite Switch"
Token01
Red Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 10:39:00 am »

it always happens that A(+B) INTO C and i agreed with amanda about party glitch
Report Spam   Logged

What's in your mind?
hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 12:45:44 am »

The party glitch is probably occurring because we've recently optimized the party system. It works in a much more efficient manner than it used to when you get experience points, even though it is essentially the same. I believe we simply forgot to add in the part that prevents you from getting experience points if you're not allowed to share any.

As for the character stat glitch, we've looked into it numerous times, since we've noticed it before it was reported. Unfortunately, we couldn't find any logical reason for it happening; however, we will continue to look at it until we finally resolve the issue.

Thanks again for reporting glitches!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: