Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 19, 2024, 06:22:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Daily Event Shop

Poll
Question: Would you like exclusive items, upgrades of older items, normal items for lower prices, or a combination of these?  (Voting closed: July 04, 2010, 05:36:47 pm)
Exclusive Items - 0 (0%)
Upgrades of Older Items - 0 (0%)
Normal Items for Lower Prices - 2 (66.7%)
All - 1 (33.3%)
Options 1+2 Only - 0 (0%)
Options 1+3 Only - 0 (0%)
Options 2+3 Only - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Event Shop  (Read 609 times)
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:36:48 pm »

There has been a lot of discussion about the Daily Event shop lately. The biggest concern was the items that would be available for sale in it. This was brought up because those with slower computers are not as capable of completing the Daily Event as those with faster, more reliable computers. The new items sold there would much harder for those with slower computers to obtain, and as a result, the community thought it was best not to have exclusive items in the Daily Event shop.

Although the shop hasn't been created yet, I will get to developing it in the near future. I'd like to know everyone's opinions on what should be sold in the Daily Event shop. Please choose an option above and post on this topic to clarify on what you chose. The poll will close in two weeks from now.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Draco
Koopa Troopa

Chuck Norris + uppercut to horse = giraffe.

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:54:12 pm »

Shoot, I posted something about this in my suggestion topic before I saw this... Tongue

I'll vote after I think about this carefully.

EDIT: One thing! I really hope 'upgrades of older items' doesn't include equipment... =(
Report Spam   Logged

CHARACTERS: ATK/FP/HP Yoshi (Draycos)| DEF Luigi (Draco)| SPEED Mario (ThePostman)| STACHE Waluigi (Drake)| HP Toad (Veritas)| ATK Wario (DragonWario)
jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »

I really think, as Draco said, that exclusive items would not only be detrimental to those with laggy computers (or plain bad luck, for that matter), but they would foster ludicrously impossible-to-make trades.  Rare cards make for crazy enough trades as it stands (I won't even put a price on Tutankoopa's card), I can't imagine what an item as rare as DE coins and their prizes would cause.

Plus, consider that by definition, the daily event means two things: One, it only happens once a day, and bad luck will eliminate your progress towards an item for the day.  Two, anything buyable via DE coins would take days to earn.

Now, all of the aforementioned points should be considered, but there's another solution that you might consider instead; why not change the way DE are earned?  That is, en lieu of only earning DE coins upon winning, why not take the STS approach; awarding a large number of coins for succeeding, and a smaller consolation prize upon losing?  This would allay the elitism and high price associated with the DE coin, whilst still allowing those good at it to much more easily get any rewards.

If you don't deem that an acceptable solution, then to answer more directly the poll's question; I say that equipment-wise, exclusive items are fine as long as there's nothing that is strictly better than old equipment, or offers something unique that other equipment does not (e.g. something that makes items less rare, or a badge or such that increases ATK+DEF/HP+FP).  As for standard health-restoration items, anything goes, I suppose. And I have no problem with the D-event shop offering items elsewhere in the game for cheaper/different prices.

So there's my whole two bits, make of it what you want.
Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 06:45:41 pm »

The idea of giving players Daily Event Coins even when they lose (similar to STS) will probably solve this whole thing. It will allow everyone to buy items in the Daily Event shop without actually having to complete the Daily Event, so both those with slower computers and those with faster computers can purchase items at the Daily Event shop. Because of this, it's possible for us to add everything to it.

The poll will be closed. I'd like to thank everyone who participated!
Report Spam   Logged
Draco
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:10 pm »

Yeah, the you-lose-but-still-get-something idea seems to work perfectly! In this case, I'm not complaining if there's special equipment.

...I never voted, lol, but I'm happy I was able to at least give my two cents as well. =D
Report Spam   Logged

CHARACTERS: ATK/FP/HP Yoshi (Draycos)| DEF Luigi (Draco)| SPEED Mario (ThePostman)| STACHE Waluigi (Drake)| HP Toad (Veritas)| ATK Wario (DragonWario)
Chaox
Global Moderator

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 08:11:00 pm »

Well in my opinion, even those with laggy computers have a chance a day to get the Daily event items, it takes skill i mean i think kimi has 7 coins, and i only have 4, i have been here 3 days after the daily event has been established, I think  having Exclusive Items as a Hard Earned Reward would be more plausible i mean there not that hard to get, but im a mod i cant vote >.< FIX PLEASE
Report Spam   Logged

Draco
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 08:19:53 pm »

OHAYGESWOT?!

It DOES take skill, but if you have a laggy computer the enemies can hit you from several tiles away. And even when you aren't lagging, you need to have someone with you to help keep the enemies occupied while you hit the switch.

...Or be extremely lucky. I've been in the DE more than ten times, and I've always died when I'm several tiles away.

'Impossible' is not a 'hard earned reward', it's 'several thousand coins exchanged for a handful of DE coins'.

Plus, if only a few people had a computer that wouldn't give them trouble (mine works fine outside of the DE, but I start lagging the moment I go in there. >.< ), then DE coins would cost truckloads of coins (as they do now, to an extent).

There's nothing to fix. People still can get the DE items, just at a much slower rate than the other people, if they don't have a good computer. This way, it's fair.
Report Spam   Logged

Chaox
Global Moderator

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 08:41:42 pm »

Yes but how fair is it too the people who already won the daily event? should they get the amount of event coins traded by there old ones to get a refund? because if you get a Participating Prize, i won 3 times, will that go to waste?
Report Spam   Logged

Draco
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »

No, it won't.

It isn't going to be like get-a-coin-for-doing-it, get-another-for-winning.

More like +3 for winning the easy course, or +6 for the hard course.

Moreover, as Kimi (or was it hydra?) once said to people who disagreed with lowering the EXP needed to level...

"We can just say that the game is still in beta stage, and is subject to change."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:46:07 pm by Draco » Report Spam   Logged

jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 10:32:40 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting it be 2/1 like STS, and I'm sure Kimi won't make it that way.  Besides, where's the point in exclusive items if only two people can ever get them, barring trades?

As for your concern, Chaox, I'd just ask Kimi if he'll give you the extra coins you deserve from those three wins, and I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige.
Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: