Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:48:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

What are your thoughts on Super Mario Bros. Online?

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on Super Mario Bros. Online?  (Read 2434 times)
hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 09:21:46 pm »

Kimimaru and I are in both in the United States Eastern/Pacific time zone (GMT - 5).
Report Spam   Logged
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 04:18:02 pm »

We're still experimenting with the enemy levels and combat as a whole. We're planning to have a turn-based battle system when we move to the beta version of the game, so things should be much different when that comes out. As for your shop concern, that is a glitch that we fixed and will release in the next update.
Kimi, the battle system should be great, but be sure to make it without much glitches (Cuz, I remembered from SMO horrible battle system, because miss when using items, and etc.).
Also, the game is great, and it have such potential. If the game continues to grow as it is growing now, we will have more than 100 players registered, and the game should be in 1st place of 2d MMOs.
I really like Mario MMOs, but this is the best! Please don't abandon it, and I can be very helpful with my ideas in the suggestion topics.
Well, thats it.
Report Spam   Logged

Enter the crazy world of Luck Channel!
Check out at the Forum Games.....Roleplaying
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 01:03:57 am »

Kimi, the battle system should be great, but be sure to make it without much glitches (Cuz, I remembered from SMO horrible battle system, because miss when using items, and etc.).
Also, the game is great, and it have such potential. If the game continues to grow as it is growing now, we will have more than 100 players registered, and the game should be in 1st place of 2d MMOs.
I really like Mario MMOs, but this is the best! Please don't abandon it, and I can be very helpful with my ideas in the suggestion topics.
Well, thats it.

We'll be sure to make the battle system as glitch-free as possible, as we do with just about everything. Thanks for your compliments! We have more than 100 players registered, but not active.
Report Spam   Logged
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »

Awesome battle system guys!
I knew that you two wouldn't disapoint us with your good work.
Also, sorry for my last post. I didn't knew that the battle system could fit in very well in the game...
Anyway guys, keep up the good work, and bring to us the best of Mario Universe!!!!!!

THIS GAME IS AWESOME!
Report Spam   Logged

Enter the crazy world of Luck Channel!
Check out at the Forum Games.....Roleplaying
Danny
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 12:05:05 pm »

i have a few complaints XD

1 takes too long to train
2 even wen ur defense is way stronger than an enemies attack it still does one damage.(considering the my hp is low with equips XD)
3 small lv gap between enemies. If the enemies had higher level= higher levels for players

well those are really all my complaints. But this is wat i would like to see the amount of exp to gain a lv higher. and the enemies giving more exp.

But overall the game is really great considering the game just released beta about a week ago i give this game a 6/10 but i know soon it will be a 10/10
Report Spam   Logged
jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »

On the note of training difficulty/length, I got to thinking...

Let's assume that training at level 14 on level-14 enemies should take approximately the same time as training at level 37 on level-37 enemies.

Since it takes 1017 EXP to level from 14 to 15, and level-14 enemies give 15 EXP, you have to kill 1017/15 = ~68 enemies at your level to level-up.

By that logic, if it takes 16037 EXP to level from 37 to 38, shouldn't level-37 enemies give 16037/68 = ~235 EXP?

If not, then clearly it's intended for later level-ups to take longer regardless of whether or not you kill enemies at your level. (i.e. training at level 37 on level-37 enemies takes longer than training at level 14 on level-14 enemies.)  If so, then either future higher-leveled enemies need to start giving more EXP in an exponentially increasing fashion, or the current EXP requirements need to be lowered substantially.
Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 05:17:40 pm »

We're currently experiencing difficulties with balancing the game overall. We will wait to release some more enemies and areas first, and then we will probably completely re-do the balancing of NPCs, experience points, and maybe items.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: