Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 16, 2024, 06:59:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

What are your thoughts on Super Mario Bros. Online?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on Super Mario Bros. Online?  (Read 2442 times)
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: August 18, 2009, 11:32:33 am »

As one of the creators of Super Mario Bros. Online, I'm interested in knowing what you guys think about the game so far. Please post your opinions here in a constructive and appropriate manner.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:16:00 pm by Kimimaru » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

[TSN] Wario
Shrooblet

View Profile
Level 2 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:43:15 pm »

Great game, mappings awesome, Devs fix all the glitches. Only problem is it's a little too much of a grind.
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:42:57 pm »

Thanks for your input. That's something that we're currently working on: more things to do in-game. I believe we fit in a lot of great features so far, but I don't think those alone can entertain the players for a long time. We're mainly working on expanding the world so that there are more areas to explore, more items to obtain, etc. Feel free to suggest any features that we can include in the game that may make it more enjoyable for you.
Report Spam   Logged
Minilinkki
Shrooblet

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 08:38:31 am »

Plus:
++ Mario themed. mmorpg.
+ Good start
+ Mapping is what it is.
++ i had fun times while playing.
++ easy train
+ LEVEL UP!
Minus:
- Some characters are wwaayy too weak.
- Mapping is what it is.
- can't hear musics.

Really good for Alpha version.

- Mini
Report Spam   Logged
LuigiLuigi
Shrooblet

View Profile
Level 2 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:48:19 pm »

well your game is really great guys theres just one problem, The place is lacking drive which means bearly anybody come on. or maybe im just on at the wrong hour where everyone is not on
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:43 am »

That is true, LuigiLuigi; however, there are many times when we have multiple players on at once. Some people who used to play quit because the game was too boring, and I don't blame them for that. We're currently not advertising the game because it's too small and needs to be expanded. If we kept advertising, the same thing would happen: people would play the game, love it, but then find that there isn't much more to do, so they'd quit. We don't want that to happen. The next update will introduce a lot of new content, so maybe then it will be an appropriate time to advertise more.
Report Spam   Logged
Lightern
Shrooblet

View Profile
Level 1 First Post Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 09:21:41 pm »

The game is rather simple but quite fun. the grind isnt toooo bad. i like it. Also the graphics are REALLY good i never see 2d graphics done right any more and its a nice refreshment. There arent alot of players on this game right now but the ones i have talked to were extremely helpfull and nice. thats alot more than i can say about some other more popular mmo's. Hopefully as this game grows so will its number of players. Oh and the music is nice of course lol. I do wish the sprite for Yoshi had his tounge go out just a taaad bit more. I just think it would look cooler haha. Gameplay wise its very very simple as i said at the beggining of this post. The battle system is nice but i hope thers more to it as i go on...im only level 2 so i imagine theres more to it. I havnt really played enough of the game to be much help but i wanted to go ahead and get involved in the community so i decided to make a post. If i think of anything else i'll be sure to let you know : )

~Lightern~
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 07:04:54 am »

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We're currently working on a rather large update so that existing players will have a lot to do once it's out and new players will have even more to do when it's out. It includes some slight changes to the battle system and even shops, as Stache will be introduced. Expect new areas, items, NPCs, Favors, equipment, and more from this update. After the update is released, we will advertise for the game more because we feel that SMBO will be able to keep people occupied for much longer than it can now. I'm glad you like SMBO.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Deucey Dee
Shrooblet

Video Game Nerd

View Profile
Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 02:37:20 pm »

It's very nice, though some features could use improvement. I disagree with the Heal House charging you 10 coins for a full heal. Not that I'm a cheapskate or anything, but coins can take a while to be collected. Plus, you usually have to fight enemies to get coins, and y'know that they fight back. Plus, the whole point of healing is that it helps when you're low on health.

Another thing is the music. It's really good, but music fading out is a no-no. Can be easily fixed. And, as for certain tunes: I don't like midis unless they're really good. That said, I have downloaded some perfect midis thatare just begging to be used.

Love the graphics. Wish I could have the Land's End tileset.

Plus, these forums are too empty.
Report Spam   Logged

Blake
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 11:29:44 pm »

one day i felt like playing mario(i have no wii, ds etc.).So i went on the computer and looked up mario onlin.All the games sucked.Finally i found this game and i just got so addicted to it.Now i will play SMBO every day(well almost everyday)
Report Spam   Logged

Order of fav. Mario people: Dry Bones, Blooper, Bomb-omb
Setsuna
Shrooblet

"Wario"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 08:32:12 pm »

Same here, I wanted to see if any good Mario Type orpgs were out there. And I stumbled upon this game on Eclipse Forums.
Report Spam   Logged
Saix
Shrooblet

Toad Warlord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 09:10:39 pm »

I really like the game especially the Steal the Shroom game.
Report Spam   Logged

Leader of the Mushroom Alliance
Chaox
Global Moderator

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 09:55:50 pm »

My Opinion:I think the game has Great potential but ritgh now it just seems boring,I love how the game has alot of things other Eclispe doesnt have but ritgh now i cant see myself playing alot, i got everything in like 3days and the game is becoming tedious,Still In my opinion this game has great devloppers and coder's it just lacks quantaty about,I know you guys are doing updates and i will probobly keep cheering and be there when you guys need help

i give this game a 7.4/10 (so far..)

-Chaox-
Report Spam   Logged

jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 03:03:20 pm »

I've been playing for a few days now; currently having done a couple of favors and reached level 9.

I really like the game overall, and I can't wait to try out the multiplayer features.  My biggest complaint is that the enemies are too far apart in level, thus meaning that you often either have to fight enemies much too weak or much too strong in order to level-up.

Also, was this meant to be possible?  It seems you can buy or sell items even if you're far away from the shop you're trading with.
Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 03:56:04 pm »

We're still experimenting with the enemy levels and combat as a whole. We're planning to have a turn-based battle system when we move to the beta version of the game, so things should be much different when that comes out. As for your shop concern, that is a glitch that we fixed and will release in the next update.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: