Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:41:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Some of my ideas

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my ideas  (Read 7762 times)
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

I'm good looking, aren't I?

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:51:47 pm »

Since I just came here, I wanted to share some ideas I had in mind.

Items:

Insecticide

Bug enemies will run from you (like Wigglers, Bzzaps, etc.).

Hustle Drink

Refills your run meter

Daytime Tag

Changes Nighttime to Daytime

Maybe some more enemies, and items will come out based on the Insecticide. This goes the same with the Daytime/Nighttime mechanic.

Also, I have a new idea for a new feature after you beat the main game.

Suggestion Name: Battle Facilities
Suggestion Explanation (please be specific): Different enemy arenas with different rules for each facility. Each facility is held in a specific village. I already came up with 2 facilities.

The Battle Arena
Held in: Mushroom Town
Players: Up to 4
Items: As many as you can carry
Description: An all out enemy brawl! Defeat as many enemies as you can until you die! As you progress, the enemies get stronger. You will get Arena points depending on how for you've gotten, which you can spend at specific shops.
Notes: Won't gain experience points for defeating enemies, and enemies won't drop items.

The Switch Palace
Held in: Koopa Village
Players: Up to 4
Items: Up to 3
Description: You're given 3 random spells and items. You will then face 3 random enemies of any difficulty. You'll be fully healed after each battle. Also after the battle, you will be given 3 new spells and items. Luck is the key here. You will win Arena points depending on how for you've gotten.

After you win a specific amount of floors, you'll be able to face the Arena Master of the facility. They will be really tough. If you beat them, you'll win a very rare badge to equip.

Where you would like to have this in the game (if applicable): In various towns and villages
Why you think this will be a good addition to the game (if applicable): It will give enemy battling more strategy
What this is a modification to (if applicable): Huh?
Would this stick with the Mario theme and why (if applicable): Huh?
Does this seem possible to do: Maybe so. I want to see at least ONE facility make it.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Chaox
Global Moderator

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:59:46 pm »

Lol, the sprite that you used for the Hustle Drink has already been used, But Nice Idea,Other Players had similar ideas to yours too
Report Spam   Logged

Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:42:58 pm »

I just came up with Arena points shop for Toad Town!

Mushroom Town:

Toad Dummy Doll
Cost: 15 Arena points

A doll that follows you around. All enemy damage will go to this doll, until the doll dies. The doll won't attack, has 0 defense, and has 20 HP.

Fright Jar
Cost: 15 Arena points

Instead of coming toward you (like Red Koopas) they'll run from you.

Dizzy Badge
Cost: 30 Arena points

Occasionally makes enemies dizzy when attacking them, incapable of movement for a while.

Dodge Badge
Cost: 30 Arena points

Increases chances of dodging attacks.
Report Spam   Logged
Token01
Red Koopa Troopa

They called me Token on game

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:02:25 am »

what is Arena Points?
Report Spam   Logged

What's in your mind?
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 04:37:23 pm »

Arena Points is what you win for going into the Battle Facilities. The more you keep winning in the facility, the more Battle Points you get. Battle Points can be spent at special shops to get rare items.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:02:31 pm »

If anyone is still interested in this topic, I came up with an idea for a facility in the sewers.

The Pipe Maze
Held in: The Sewers
Players: Up to 3
Items: As many as you can carry
Descriptions: Once you enter, the guard will take your items to so you can get them after you beat the facility or lose. You then have to choose 1 of 3 item packets. Each packet contain 5 random items. After you choose, you're thrown in a dark maze. Your task is to get to the exit, fighting enemies and whatnot. On each floor, there are items you can pick up to add to your inventory. If you defeat an enemy, the room will light up a little, allowing it a little easier to find the exit. Once you cleared 10 floors, you get to the end and are awarded Arena Points depending one how many items you've gotten in the maze.

This facility will probably never happen, since it will use a lot of rooms in the game, and waste memory.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:05:37 pm by Shroomerson » Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 08:47:15 pm »

Here's the Arena Points shop for Koopa Village. No sprites this time, so just try to imagine them ok?

Crazy Shroom
Cost: 15 Arena Points

When used, it may heal you fully, raise a stat temporarly, lower a stat temporarly, or inflict you with a condition.

Spicy Koopasta
Cost: 30 Arena Points

Inflicts you with the "Spicy" condition, allowing you to have unlimited run power for 30 seconds.

Mystery Badge
Cost: 30 Arena Points

When put on, it may raise a stat temporarly, lower a stat temporarly, or inflict you with a condition when you get into a battle.

Angers Power
Cost: 45 Arena Points

Raises attack power greatly, but lowers speed.

I also have enemies for the Daytime/Nighttime mechanic! These enemies will only appear at night in certain places:

Mushroom Plains
Goombas are replaced with Spiky Goombas
Koopas are replaced with Fuzzies
Red Koopas are replaced with Forest Fuzzies
Lakitus are replaced with Night Lakitus
Koopas with Shades are replaced with Dark Fuzzies
Borps are replaced with Fuzzbushes

Koopa Islands
Piranha Plants are replaced with Blue Piranha Plants
Drillbit Crabs are replaced with Drillbit Penguins
Green Coconutter is replaced with a Red Coconutter

Sewers
Gloombas are replaced with Spiky Gloombas
Underground Koopas are replaced with Underground Paratroopas

Dry Bones Desert
Pokeys are replaced with Pokey Mummies
Dry Bones are replaced with Dark Bones

What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 09:26:12 pm »

Good ideas for nightime enemies!
Nightime should be implemented in game...
Report Spam   Logged

Enter the crazy world of Luck Channel!
Check out at the Forum Games.....Roleplaying
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 01:12:43 pm »

This idea popped into my head today, and I feel like I should share it with you.

Player Cards! (no, not like Pokemon trainer cards)
These cards act like regular cards, but they are really rare. You can only get them at the start of the game, depending on which character you choose (ex: Mario will get a Mario card at the start, etc.). The only way of getting the other cards is by trading. The card displays the character's base stats, and history.
Report Spam   Logged
Draco
Koopa Troopa

Chuck Norris + uppercut to horse = giraffe.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 12:07:22 am »

Great ideas, Shroom.

-The arena sounds like something that should at least be considered if the developers aren't certain. I'd like to see this and it'd be great to have as both a way to level up and have a good challenge.

-Night time, that would be awesome- provided the enemies didn't have too drastic of a change in stats, so low level players can still level up.

-Player cards, huh? Maybe instead of at the start, it could be unlocked by doing certain things? Like this:

=Mario: Run through ____ tiles total.
=Luigi: Shave off ____ damage total from defense bonuses.
=Wario: Deal ____ total damage.
=Waluigi: Land ____ critical hits/block ____ attacks.
=Yoshi: Use ____ total special attacks.
=Toad: Take ____ total damage.

Then the card could offer a small bonus to the character if they have it in their posession, not stackable of course.
=Mario Card: 1 Speed
=Luigi Card: 1 Defence
=Wario Card: 1 Attack
=Waluigi Card: 1 Stache
=Yoshi Card: 5 FP
=Toad Card: 5 HP
Report Spam   Logged

CHARACTERS: ATK/FP/HP Yoshi (Draycos)| DEF Luigi (Draco)| SPEED Mario (ThePostman)| STACHE Waluigi (Drake)| HP Toad (Veritas)| ATK Wario (DragonWario)
Luck
Koopa Troopa

It's-a-me, Luck!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 12:36:23 pm »

Very good Draco!
The player cards should act as this aswell...
Report Spam   Logged

Enter the crazy world of Luck Channel!
Check out at the Forum Games.....Roleplaying
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 04:37:39 pm »

New idea!

Gold Trading cards!
Like shinies in the pokemon games, you can also find gold trading cards, but the are REALLY rare. Adding them to your collection will overwrite the regular data for the card, if you already added the enemy into your collection, and replace it with gold status. The gold card adds a little bit more information then regular cards, such as:

-What time of day they appear at.
-Perferred character
-Strategy for beating the enemy
-Others I can't think of at the moment.

Also, there is only one known way of getting gold player cards. Start the game as a new character, and there will be a slim chance your player card will be gold.
Report Spam   Logged
Draco
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 05:01:47 pm »

Uh, Shroomerson, a couple things about that...

There really is no preferred character for any enemy, it's just how you manage your stats. More data and what time of day would be good, though.

Personally, for gold cards, I'd rather them be obtained the same way as I suggested, just several times harder to do. Like, for silver, Mario'd have to run 1000 tiles, about ten full run gauges at 7 Speed. And then for Gold, which would overwrite the silver one and give +2 speed instead of 1, you'd have to run a whopping 10,000 tiles.

Why I say this is that if it was random at the start of the game, the chatbox would be flooded with '____ has logged on/off'. Plus, it'd give an optional goal for players if it was how I suggested.
Report Spam   Logged

CHARACTERS: ATK/FP/HP Yoshi (Draycos)| DEF Luigi (Draco)| SPEED Mario (ThePostman)| STACHE Waluigi (Drake)| HP Toad (Veritas)| ATK Wario (DragonWario)
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »

Uh, Shroomerson, a couple things about that...

There really is no preferred character for any enemy, it's just how you manage your stats. More data and what time of day would be good, though.

Personally, for gold cards, I'd rather them be obtained the same way as I suggested, just several times harder to do. Like, for silver, Mario'd have to run 1000 tiles, about ten full run gauges at 7 Speed. And then for Gold, which would overwrite the silver one and give +2 speed instead of 1, you'd have to run a whopping 10,000 tiles.

Why I say this is that if it was random at the start of the game, the chatbox would be flooded with '____ has logged on/off'. Plus, it'd give an optional goal for players if it was how I suggested.

Good idea. We don't want people spamming new characters.
Maybe there would be a Toad that will ask a specific favor. Depending on your character, he'll give you a different favor for each character. He'll give you a player card if you complete it. Later, he'll ask for the same favor, only harder. Complete this favor to get a gold players card.
This will probably only apply to getting gold player cards. Gold enemy trading cards will only appear if you are lucky.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:51:31 pm by Shroomerson » Report Spam   Logged
Draco
Koopa Troopa

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 08:52:00 pm »

As I said before... the arena is definitely a minigame area I'd like to have in the game. =D
Dodge badge for the win. But would it be (Mushroom [badge 1, typically attack and HP]), (Flower [badge 2, typically defense and FP]), or (Special [badge 3, typically miscellaneous boosts])?

Probably a (Special) type badge, I think.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: