Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:07:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Some of my ideas

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my ideas  (Read 7765 times)
Ace
Koopa Troopa

tanuki mario! (Mr.L300 gave it to me) :)

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 10:54:05 pm »

the first one seems extremely overpowered espcailly considering how easy it is to get a first strike. is the damage doubled before or after the oppenets defense reduces the damage?
Report Spam   Logged

my dream for SMBO is for it to have many people on at once having fun together and playing minigames often.
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »

Going to post this before I forget.

More attacks for enemies

Yes, I feel that all enemies should have a secondary attack, with the exception of some weak enemies.

For example, Drillbit Crabs might have a secondary attack that causes a drill sprite to appear on you for a few seconds, and it's slightly stronger than it's regular attack. Another example is the Dry Bones. I think it might be a ranged attack where it would throw a bone at you from afar. It would be slightly weaker than it's regular attack.

Ranged attacks = OP, especially when you're low enough level to aggro them, and you can't gain protection from the NPC-avoid tiles. I think this is a good idea, but should only appear on bosses, and, considering enemy attack speed, have about a 1/10 or so chance of actually happening.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
Razz the Koopa
Red Koopa Troopa

Razz the Koopa on SMBO Forums. Yoshinator on SMBO.

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 01:03:31 pm »

Or, it could only appear in Turn Based battles.

Also, I really like the Fire Wand item idea.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:35:45 pm by Razz the Koopa » Report Spam   Logged

Credit to Boshi for the Avitar. Thanks again Boshi, you rock! ^__^

PowerhouseYellow: Level 75.
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

I'm good looking, aren't I?

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2012, 11:07:37 pm »

For once, I have an area idea!

Disghost House (Pun on Disco House)

Boo bodyguard: "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where do ya think you're goin' buddy? Dis' club is for members only! Dis' place is where Boos an' other partiers party till dey' drop! We party 24/7, an' we never stop! Since we Boos are restless spirits, we don't care if we get bored. Since you ar' not a ghost, you have to get a Boo Buddy Pass to come in here. Sorry buddy, rules ar' rules.

I was thinking a side quest would pop up after you get the Jugem's Cloud that would give you the Boo Buddy Pass.

Inside the house, there is a big disco ball on the ceiling flashing various lights on the floor, and various Boos and other ghosts are dancing to the music that is playing. In the back is a shopkeeper selling various candy and party goods.

Items:
Lemon Lollipop
Dizzy Lollipop
Cake
Red Candy
Honey Super
Ghostly Ice Cream- White ice cream with a Boo facial expression on it. Heals 15 HP and 5 FP.
Swooper Cookie- A cookie shaped like the Swooper bats. Heals 5 HP and 15 FP.

On the other side of the lobby is a Boo that will play "Hide and Boo Seek." If you answer yes to playing the game, you will be teleported to another room, where the Boo will be hiding in a piece of furniture. You get three times to check a piece of furniture, and you will lose if you run out of chances. If you find the Boo, he will give you a few "Ghost Coins." They currently have no use, but after you beat the boss in the house's attic and grab the special item, the shopkeeper in the back will notice the item and will expand his inventory with items that cost some Ghost Coins.

The attic is where the boss is. Many Boos around the lobby are getting irritated that their leader is banging objects in the attic, and is interrupting the party. They want someone to rough him up a bit so he stays quiet. If you beat the boss in the attic, it might drop the item for the next area.

I think the boss will be King Boo.
Report Spam   Logged
Razz the Koopa
Red Koopa Troopa

Razz the Koopa on SMBO Forums. Yoshinator on SMBO.

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »

And yet another Shell-Spinningly Awesome idea from Shroomerson.
Report Spam   Logged

Credit to Boshi for the Avitar. Thanks again Boshi, you rock! ^__^

PowerhouseYellow: Level 75.
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:03 pm »

Better post this before I forget.

Merlee

This spellcaster from Paper Mario provides aid in battle. Depending on what "Spell Type" you tell her, each spell will be different. She will randomly pick an option from the spell type you tell her. Her spells will only activate when you have 5 HP remaining, giving you a "Last Resort" type weapon before you die.

"Defender Type"
Defense increases by 5 for 5 seconds
30% block chance for 5 seconds

"Attacker Type"
Attack increases by 5 for 5 seconds
Your attacks are always critical hits for 5 seconds

"Stealth Type"
SP never runs out for 5 seconds
Enemy becomes immobilized for 5 seconds

"Healthy Type"
Restore 5 HP
50% chance of rebounding damage back to the opponent
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2012, 10:06:47 pm »

Here's another one I just came up with.

Level up ranks
Remember from Bowser's Inside Story when you gain ranks on certain levels? This could apply here too, even giving you special attributes once you get to the rank.

Mushroom: Default
Banana: Level 5 (Allows you to equip enemy trading cards)
Shell: Level 12 (Gives you 30 DSPs)
Flower: Level 20 (SP increases by 3)
Leaf: Level 26 (Gives you 30 Star Pieces)
Shine: Level 31 (Gives you a Shine Sprite trading card)
Star: Level 37 (Allows you to get inside an exclusive shop)
Lightning: Level 43 (Enemies now drop more items)
Rainbow: Level 50 (Can now wear two special badges at once)
Superstar: Max level (Gives you an incredibly rare badge, one that can only be obtained from achieving this rank)
Report Spam   Logged
jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 01:49:11 am »

Some very interesting ideas there; I especially like the Banana one, as being able to sell 100-coin cards right off of the bat is a bit cheap.  The Superstar rank one would probably not be the best, though, as the max could potentially raise at some point in the future, and I'm not sure that there should be a reward for grinding ten to fifteen levels higher than necessary (not that I have a problem with that, of course).
Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 11:14:07 pm »

I didn't know how good of I pattern I should have made the ranks at, and I couldn't think of many good rewards for each of them as well.

Maybe I should make Superstar rank at Level 60 then? I want to make getting to Superstar rank somewhat of a challenge.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 11:44:06 pm »

Here's a good idea I came up with

Mushroom Derby
The name comes from Super Mario RPG, when you race against Boshi on Yo'ster Isle. Even though it sounds like it is going to be exactly like that, this actually functions like the minigame Day at the Races from Mario Party 2. Just bet some coins on an enemy and hope it finishes first!

Competitors:
Slot 1: Goomba, Koopa, Koopa (Red), Koopa (Blue), Lakitu, or Fishin Lakitu
Slot 2: Piranha Plant, Drillbit Crab, Green Coconutter, Red Coconutter, Koopa (Level 10), or Underground Koopa Troopa
Slot 3: Shy Guy, Underground Shy Guy, Elite Shy Guy, Gloomba, Bob-omb, or Underground Bob-omb
Slot 4: Spiny, Paratroopa, Blue Paratroopa, Red Gnarantula, Borp, or Dry Bones
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2012, 12:58:07 am »

Nice idea! That minigame, other than bowser's big blast, was my favorite. Too bad it took forever to beat minigame coaster on hard -.-
Maybe you gain less win money if you bet on characters with higher win rates?
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2012, 03:28:28 pm »

Nice idea! That minigame, other than bowser's big blast, was my favorite. Too bad it took forever to beat minigame coaster on hard -.-
Maybe you gain less win money if you bet on characters with higher win rates?

Maybe, but the enemies move completely random on the overworld, so win rates will probably be unnecissary.

By the way, Day at the Races gave each enemy a "turbo" so they can try to come back into the race (Example: Boo would disappear then reappear further up the track). However, they used them randomly, and they sometimes stumbled a bit after using them.

I'm not sure if turbos should be implemented, since many can be much better than others, broken even. I guess then we could use win rates if turbos were implimented, and stumbling can easily be put in by making the AI stop for a few seconds.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »

This might be a good one.

Pet enemies

Ever wanted to have at least one enemy on your side? This could answer that. After you defeat an enemy, they have a slight chance of recognizing your strength, and will ask to join you. Saying yes will add the enemy to your "enemy friend list" which details all the enemies you befriended, multiples even. Careful though, because there are only ten slots on the friend list, so if it gets full, you may have to delete some enemies from your friend list.

These "friend enemies" function like summons. To use them, go to the friend list and select the enemy you want to "set." Once you do that, the summon will appear on your list of special attacks. This is not permanent, for you can deselect the enemy from your friend list so you can choose a different enemy to summon later. If you have multiples of the same enemy as the summon in your friend list, the extras will join in on the summon and will increase it's power. You can only set one enemy at a time.

Summons cost FP depending on how strong each summon is. The FP will increase if you get extras of the same enemy for the summon, as extras of the same enemy as the summon will increase it's power.

Example summons:

Goomba Swarm (Goomba)- Goombas gather around the enemy and attack it multiple times. Close ranged attack. Each regular Goomba in the summon does 2 damage to the enemy, while Gloombas do 3 damage, but Gloombas sometimes miss their attacks 25% of the time.

Koopa Shot (Koopa)- Koopas tuck inside their shells and attack from afar, making this a long range attack.
Koopa (Green): Each do 1 damage
Koopa (Red): Each do 3 damage, but they miss 50% of the time
Koopa (Blue): Each do 2 damage, but they miss 25% of the time
Koopa (Level 10): Each do 4 damage, but have a 75% chance to attack you instead
Koopa (Underground): Each do 2 damage and has a 10% chance of immobilizing the enemy for 5 seconds, but misses 50% of the time
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2012, 12:44:33 am »

While the Mario RPGs do have partners, having enemies as "pets" is very uncharacteristic of the Mario series. This idea sounds a lot like Dragon Warrior Monsters, Pokemon, or Keitai Denjuu Telefang.

Partners would be cool, but we currently don't have plans or time for them, sorry.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2012, 07:22:52 pm »

I wasn't trying to make them like Pokemon, since all these enemies only give you a new special attack.

It would be pretty cool to have at least one partner with you on your adventure, like the Paper Mario games. I call dibs on Goombario if that happens.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: