Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:43:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Some of my ideas

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my ideas  (Read 7811 times)
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

I'm good looking, aren't I?

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 09:47:25 pm »

Since I know The Gauntlet idea failed a little bit, I might as well explain it in more detail.

The All-Star Arena (Yes, I'm renaming it)
Held In: Underground Mushroom Kingdom (Or another place that is hidden) Requires all special badges, including the Hammer Barrage Badge.
Players: One, only one.
Items: Up to a limited amount (Can't think of how many yet).
Description: Thought the bosses don't put up much of a challenge at higher levels? Try battling them back to back! The All-Star Arena is where you can duke it out with all bosses you have previously encountered, even earning exp. points they give out, making it a good place to trian. This is the final step to beating this MMORPG. After you beat the first three bosses, you get a resting period in a waiting room, where an item storage Toad is there so you can withdraw some items for the final three bosses.
The bosses come in this order:

Green Coconutter
Tutankoopa
Red Coconutter
Runaway Chain Chomp
Kamek
??? (Champion Fighter. I can't think of a good enemy, maybe Bowser?)

Winning against all the bosses, including the champion, will give you a massive amount of coins, a Champ's Belt item which is a piece of equipment that can be attached to anyone, and a certificate thanking the player for playing Super Mario Bros Online until the very end and saying it's not the end of the fun.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »

Some more items:

Turtle's Curse- Causes enemies in turn based battles to rest after every other turn.

FP for Damage Badge- Absorbs FP depending on the damage taken. (Ex: 4 damage, 2 FP)

Fire Wand- Attaching this gives you a new special attack called "Flare Beam."
A beam of fire is launched at the enemy. Can attack two tiles ahead, and always causes 5 damage, ignoring defenses.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 11:56:00 pm »

New item idea:

Return Pipe- Use this to return to the Save Block you were last at without losing exp.

I came up with this idea playing Paper Mario 2.

Mon T: "Hey hey hey, nice to meet you. I'm Mon T, traveling salesman. I travel around this region, manage to find rare items, and sell them for reasonable prices. I only find about 4 items a day, so my inventory changes often. If you don't see an item you're interested in now, maybe I'll find an item in my inventory interesting later. Better hurry and get it while it's hot then!"

Mon T holds up to 4 items and his inventory changes often, so get the items while you can. All his items are cheap as well.

Items he might get:

Hammer Bros Treat- 20 coins
Super Mushroom- 13 coins
Ultra Mushroom- 25 coins
Maple Syrup- 17 coins
Jammin Jelly- 25 coins
FP Jar Plus- 20 coins
Blue Gnarantula Cola- 25 coins
HP Strength- 15 DSP
Flower Defense- 15 DSP
HP Plus Plus- 50 DSP
Flower Boost Plus- 50 DSP
Chill Out- 60 DSP
Critical Emergency- 60 DSP
Flower Rush- 60 DSP
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »

Here are some of my ideas that are somewhat complicated.

Poison Power: A Badge/Special attack that lowers your attack by 3 but gives each of your attacks a 15-20% chance to apply poison, a DOT which deals 2 damage each 3 seconds until 10 hp is taken away from it. (15 seconds)

Reroute: A special attack. Costs 15 FP. Raises def by 5 and reroutes damage recieved into your FP equal to 50% damage recieved (Similar to Shroomerson's idea above)

HP Drain: A simple ranged special attack that is learned from a book, not by a specific character at a certain level. It costs 15 FP, and drains HP equal to 1/3 the remaining amount of the enemy's life. It also has limited range, so you can only use it on adjacent enemies.

HP Leech: A badge that lowers HP and DEF slightly, but gives a 15% chance of draining the enemy's HP equal to the amount of damage you deal

Piercing Blows: Special Rare badge. Lowers Attack by 7, but gives you a 60% chance per hit of piercing the opponent's defenses

Flower Drain: A Badge that gives you 1/3 chance of draining FP equal to 50% damage recieved by the enemy, but lowers all stats by 1 point (except HP and FP, which is 5)

Stealthy Shoes: Special shoes that all characters can wear. Lowers defense by 2, but increases speed by 2 and enables you to get past enemies that are up to 5 levels higher than you without being attacked or chased by them.

Old Hammer: Similar to the dusty hammer item from the PM series. It is a single-use stackable item that costs a lot of money, but does normal attack damage and is thrown for 5 range. Great for kiting bosses.

Power from Panic: When HP is at 20% or lower, increases Attack by 10

Speedy Panic: When HP is at 20% or lower, fully recovers SP, gives 50 more Max SP Temporarily, and increases SP recovery rate by 1.5x

Lucky Day: Increases drop rate of consumable items by 5%, but lowers drop rate of coins by 5%

Wealthy Day: Multiplies coin gather amount by 1.2x, and lowers drop rate of items by 5%, unless the item itself has a drop rate of 5% or less. Also increases drop rate of all coin drops by 5%

Collector's Luck: Increases drop rate of all cards by 1.5%

Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 08:42:00 pm »

I have a new item idea.

HP Pain
An extremely rare item, and for a good reason. Using this item takes away half your HP, but does damage to an adjacent enemy based on half the HP that was taken from you.
(Ex: You use the item with 60 HP. You lose 30 HP and the enemy gets 15 damage)

Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2011, 09:48:45 am »

Seems like a unique idea, but costly toward your HP. Perhaps you should make it only take a fraction of HP away rather than a half and deal damage equal to 200% HP that was removed, because I can deal around 50 damage to blue paratroopas with only taking 3 damage from their hits.
Report Spam   Logged

Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »

Here's some more recipes I came up with:

Dry Bones Treat + Pokey Flower = Desert Special: An exotic food native to desert regions. Restores 15 FP.

Koopa Soup + Koopa Lemon = Coconut Soup : Made from discarded Coconutter shells. Restores 15 HP and 12 SP.

Blue Cherry + Hammer Bros Treat = Kingdom Candy: Mushroom Kingdom exclusive candy. Restores 16 HP and 7 SP.

Slingshot Ball + Bob-omb = Cookers Dynamite : Heavy explosive made by an expert chef. Can be used as ammo for Wario and Waluigi.
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2011, 07:06:48 pm »

I really like the new recipe ideas! Although the coconut soup is really similar to hammer bros. treat. Perhaps you could mod the stats on that?
Report Spam   Logged

Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 08:04:33 pm »

I know this was mentioned before, but I came up with enhancements!

Equippable Cards

Very similiar to badges, but it makes cards not completely worthless. It also gives the player a new special attack. Here are a few examples.

Words in () is the attack that the badge above gives.

Goomba Card- Raises max HP by 2
(Goomba Rush- User rushes and bashes into an enemy. Automatically moves you 3 tiles ahead, and the enemy you crash into is dealt damage. 2 FP)
Koopa Troopa- Raises max Defense by 2
(Koopa Slam- User dives forward. Automatically moves you 5 tiles ahead, and any enemy you crash into is dealt damage. Weaker than Goomba Rush. 2 FP)
Red Koopa Troopa- Raises max Attack by 2
(Side Blows- User uses both arms to attack. Strikes enemies on the left and right side of you. 3 FP)
Lakitu- Raises max SP by 2
(Cloud Cover- User covers itself in clouds. Enemies will not go after you for 10 seconds. 1 FP)
Koopa Troopa (Level 10)- Raises max Defense by 2
(Super Koopa Slam- User dives forward. Automatically moves you 4 tiles ahead, and any enemy you crash into is dealt damage. 4 FP)
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 08:12:21 pm »

I like this idea a lot, but shouldnt higher lvl enemies drop cards with better effects? Also, the lakitu and lvl 10 koopa cards seem underpowered in relativity.
Report Spam   Logged

Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2011, 10:50:36 pm »

Oops, I made a little mistake on that. The Level 10 Koopa Troopas attack is stronger than the regular Koopa Troopas, but is one range shorter than the original.

Also, I want to keep most of the stat bonuses the same. That way, every card has a chance to become useful in some way, and so other players don't have to rely just on the stat bonuses.

Lastly, I know Lakitu's special is kind of useless, but that is why it costs 1 FP.

Here's some more:

Piranha Plant Card- Raises max Attack by 2
(Great Risk- User gathers all their strength then charges. Has insane power, but misses often. 5 FP)
Red Gnarantula Card- Raises max Attack by 2
(Auto Counter- User calms itself and focuses. Attacks now have a 50% chance of damaging the enemy as well as you for 15 seconds. 5 FP)
Borp Card- Raises max FP by 2
(Side Blows- User uses both arms to attack. Strikes enemies on the left and right side of you. 3 FP)
Drillbit Crab Card- Raises max Defense by 2
(Auto Counter- User calms itself and focuses. Attacks now have a 50% chance of damaging the enemy as well as you for 15 seconds. 5 FP)
Green Coconutter Card- Raises max Defense by 2
(Coconutter Rage- User becomes infuriated. Allows you to attack twice in a row with no wait time for 20 seconds. 7 FP)

Yes, I know some enemies have the same special attacks, but they have different stat bonuses.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2011, 10:34:40 pm »

More cards!

Pokey Card- Raises max FP by 2
(Wide Slash- User cuts the air with their bare hands. Hits enemies that are on the 3 tiles in front of you. 5 FP)
Dry Bones Card- Raises max HP by 2
(Endurance- User goes into a defending position. Allows them to survive with 1 HP remaining for 10 seconds, but will get killed after getting hit again at 1 HP. 5 FP)
Bob-omb Card- Raises max HP by 2
(Selfdestruct- User lets loose all the fury building up inside. Attacks all adjacent spaces, but loses 10 HP. 2 FP)
Tutankoopa Card- Raises max HP by 2
(Chomp Call- User makes an odd sound. Causes a Chain Chomp to come in and attack an enemy 3 tiles away. 7 FP)
Gloomba Card- Raises max attack by 2
(Goomba Rush- User rushes and bashes into an enemy. Automatically moves you 3 tiles ahead, and the enemy you crash into is dealt damage. 2 FP)
Underground Koopa Troopa Card- Raises max attack by 2
(Koopa Slam- User dives forward. Automatically moves you 5 tiles ahead, and any enemy you crash into is dealt damage. Weaker than Goomba Rush. 2 FP)
Underground Bob-omb- Raises max attack by 2
(Selfdestruct- User lets loose all the fury building up inside. Attacks all adjacent spaces, but loses 10 HP. 2 FP)
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 02:35:26 pm »

Smiley

Spiny Card- Raises max SP by 2
(Wide Slash- User cuts the air with their bare hands. Hits enemies that are on the 3 tiles in front of you. 5 FP)
Paratroopa Card- Raises max SP by 2
(Super Koopa Slam- User dives forward. Automatically moves you 4 tiles ahead, and any enemy you crash into is dealt damage. 4 FP)
Shy Guy Card- Raises max stache by 2
(Trickery- User does sly moves on the enemy. Always does 5 damage, ignoring defenses. 5 FP)
Runaway Chain Chomp Card- Raises max attack by 2
(Chomp Call- User makes an odd sound. Causes a Chain Chomp to come in and attack an enemy 3 tiles away. 7 FP)
Pipe Dwelling Lakitu Card- Raises max FP by 2
(Cloud Cover- User covers itself in clouds. Enemies will not go after you for 10 seconds. 1 FP)
Red Coconutter Card- Raises max attack by 2
(Coconutter Rage- User becomes infuriated. Allows you to attack twice in a row with no wait time for 20 seconds. 7 FP)
Blue Koopa Troopa Card- Raises max stache by 2
Hammer Bro Card- Raises max defense by 2
(Great Risk- User gathers all their strength then charges. Has insane power, but misses often. 5 FP)
Blue Paratroopa Card- Raises max attack by 2
Kamek Card- Raises max FP by 2
(Magic Burst- User fires geometric shapes at the target. Keeps going until it hits a wall or an enemy. 7 FP)
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:56 pm »

Going to post this before I forget.

More attacks for enemies

Yes, I feel that all enemies should have a secondary attack, with the exception of some weak enemies.

For example, Drillbit Crabs might have a secondary attack that causes a drill sprite to appear on you for a few seconds, and it's slightly stronger than it's regular attack. Another example is the Dry Bones. I think it might be a ranged attack where it would throw a bone at you from afar. It would be slightly weaker than it's regular attack.
Report Spam   Logged
Shroomerson
Koopa Troopa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 09:59:33 pm »

A few new badge ideas:

First Strike A Badge

Attack increases by 5 and First Strike attacks are doubled.

First Strike Z Badge

Defense increases by 5 and prevents enemies from getting a first strike.

First Strike L Badge

Decreases attack by 3, but gain 2 HP for doing a First Strike.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: