Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:52:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Event Idea: Bowser Strikes!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Event Idea: Bowser Strikes!  (Read 826 times)
Razz the Koopa
Red Koopa Troopa

Razz the Koopa on SMBO Forums. Yoshinator on SMBO.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: December 24, 2015, 08:03:56 am »

Okay, so I had an idea about something that could be done event-wise, and shouldn't take too much time to do.

We all know about the maze event by now. The premise is to make it to the end without being cornered and attacked for over 9000 points of damage, and you get a bunch of event coins. Comes in two flavors: Easy, and Mamamia!

The main problem with this event is it occurs really early in the day for most people, so they end up missing it because of school, maybe they slept through it, or work early.

The second problem is more of a draw factor to the game itself, as the community has been very lax lately. The forum is on life support at this point, and most players who still play log into an empty server. And let's face it, no one wants to play an MMO alone.

My idea is to add a new event that occurs mid-afternoon to late-afternoon that has an emphasis on teamwork. It also addresses a problem within the games 'false advertisement'. To address the latter, the game was advertised as being one where Bowser is up to no good again, and it's your job to defeat him. Yet, there is a suprising lack of Bowser within the game itself.

Well, not anymore. I propose an event where Bowser attacks randomly (to save time, it could be done with a warning that he's approaching the Mushroom Kingdom, and ask if you want to intercept him, and if yes, warp to an area just outside his map, similar to the maze event) The thing about this is, Bowsers stats should be high. Very high. High enough that it requires a group of players to successfully defeat him, but not high enough that he would kill a player in 1-2 hits. Somewhere around 2000-3000 HP and some decent defense. As an easy mode, you could add Bowser Jr. with around 1000 HP.

When he's defeated, all players on the map at the time recieve coins, with the one who dealt the finishing blow receiving an extra stash, making it a competition to see who defeats him first. This serves not only as incentive to join the battle, but as a deterrence for players who join just to simply stand there and be rewarded for doing nothing.

I'm pretty sure you all might have some Bowser/Bowser Jr. sprites in your client that are currently unused, but if you don't, I can send Kimimaru some that are already formatted for Eclipse use.

But anyways, thats my idea. Leave a post and let me know your comments or concerns on this one.
Report Spam   Logged

Credit to Boshi for the Avitar. Thanks again Boshi, you rock! ^__^

PowerhouseYellow: Level 75.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bady
Shrooblet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 11:08:18 am »

I think this is an extremely good idea and it might bring players back to play the game if they are interested in it. Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: