Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:38:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Planning to make a MMORPG Remake of the Mario & Luigi RPG Series

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Planning to make a MMORPG Remake of the Mario & Luigi RPG Series  (Read 1792 times)
emmanoelbs
Shrooblet

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:16:16 pm »

I am searching for people to make with me and Caio Roberto a remake of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga / Partners in Time / Bowser Inside Story as a MMORPG with the style of SMBO and with some added areas in some partes, someone can please help me on the part of scripting, mapping, characters, tilesets and more?  Smiley Cheesy

We need some people to help me to do some things:
*Scripting* (i don't know nothing on this part yet...)
Mapping/Tilesets/Items/Equipements
Characters/Enemies/NPC's

I actually know how to make the maps, add items, npc's and enemies, attributs and some more, and with help of Caio Roberto i got a lot of tilesets, but we still need yet more tilesets from these 3 games from Mario & Luigi RPG series, more of then would help us so much! And some scripting help too please...

Here is the latest snapshot of our project: http://prntscr.com/66k8o4
This is the first maps that we're recreating, later we will start to remake some Partners in Time and Bowser Inside Story maps too! ^^
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:38:04 pm by emmanoelbs » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 05:28:20 pm »

Topic moved to the appropriate board.

Also not sure if this is against the forum rules.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 09:05:04 pm »

This is not against the rules, as the game does not yet exist. If you are using Eclipse, emmanoelbs, I would go with Eclipse Origins, as it is much more developed and stable compared to the other versions of Eclipse.
Report Spam   Logged
emmanoelbs
Shrooblet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 09:54:08 pm »

This is not against the rules, as the game does not yet exist. If you are using Eclipse, emmanoelbs, I would go with Eclipse Origins, as it is much more developed and stable compared to the other versions of Eclipse.

but now, where can i find more people to help me making this game? and you or kimimaru may give me some tilesets from smbo that have sprites from m&lss, m&lpit and m&lbis? i am planning to making a connection between these 3 mmorpgs, and the people would want to choose which of these universes from the mario & luigi games (ss, pit and bis) to start.
Report Spam   Logged

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 10:25:42 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you with this project at the moment since I'm in charge of mapping a pretty big new area in another eclipse game. After that I might help Nick with his own game as well, so I don't know, and I still have my Seven Sages mod to get back to at some point.

If you want tilesets, the best way is to rip them yourself if people won't give them to you. It's fairly tedious, but can be easily done with decent photoshop knowledge (or even microsoft paint, but photoshop is just a lot easier to use). Same goes for sprites.
Report Spam   Logged

WK67
Shrooblet

UMWO co-owner

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 05:13:28 pm »

Unless you can fine some body willing to just give you their Tilesets, you're gonna have to make them on your own. Making a game like this takes alot of time and most importantly, Passion.

It's hard as hell to find programmers, especially ones that'll do it for free. I think it's better that you take your time and actually learn the Engine for yourself. It's not TO hard. There alot of tutorials on the Eclipse Forums that can help you out too.

As for the Engine...

Eclipse Stable is my choice. It's very well developed while only having a few bugs right off the bat. Most of them are easy fixes anyways. Very easy for me to code in and understand. It also comes with an excellent scripting system that Eclipse Origin's lacks. One BIG downside to ES is that there is very little tutorials for it around.

Eclipse Origins isn't very good IMO. I have a game on EO 2.3 Event System, and it was buggy as hell. The engine isn't very clean and it's harder for me to code in. Now they have EO 4 and such. I haven't tested those out, they may be much better than before. Although how much better I'm not sure. One BIG upside to using EO is that there ALOT of tutorials for it on the Eclipse Fourms. And instead of the Script System, it has a great Event System which comes pretty close to the scripting system that ES has.

But that's just my thoughts. Good Luck!
Report Spam   Logged

Come check out my YouTubez Channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/wingedkoopa67/
emmanoelbs
Shrooblet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 08:00:23 pm »

So it's possible to unite up all the M&LSS maps in 10 tileset's sheets? If not, it's possible to make more than 10 tilesets?
Report Spam   Logged

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 08:46:02 pm »

Yes, it is definitely possible. You could probably fit the entire games' tilesets all in 5 or less tileset sheets, not kidding. You just have to be patient and willing to put in the effort to cut out each tile and then paste it into the tile sheet individually.
Report Spam   Logged

hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 09:04:55 pm »

Hey emmanoelbs,

You sent me and Kimimaru an email about this, but I suppose I'll just respond here since there's already a discussion going on. Both Kimi and I are occupied with our own side projects and full-time jobs, so unfortunately we won't be able to give you a hand in this game.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Eclipse Origins would be the engine to use if you're considering using Eclipse. It's very stable and has a ton of features that you can utilize to make a game. You will have to write your own scripts and custom code, as with any game, but a lot of the core features will have been done for you with Origins.

A few excellent resources that we used for SMBO for sprites, tiles, music, sound effects, and more are as follows:

Our very own jdaster64 has a submission up on The Spriters Resource.

You will still have to put any sprites or tiles in the correct format, but these sites save you the trouble of ripping them from the games yourself.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:10:59 pm by hydrakiller4000 » Report Spam   Logged
SMB
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:29:17 pm »

If you take the game seven sages into account, why don't you use some of the files on there since it's fairly simple though you do have to zoom it out for it to be viewable without that much scrolling.
Report Spam   Logged
emmanoelbs
Shrooblet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 07:43:20 pm »

The project is finally running on, thanks to Caio Roberto for the tilesets from M&LSS that he got! Cheesy
And also he is my partner on the game production, but we still needs help on some parts of scripting (jump, etc...)
As Super Mario RPG tilesets are very complicated to put into the game we decided to cancel it temporally, but now we are planning to add later a lot of maps from Mario & Luigi Partners in Time and Bowser Inside Story alongside the Superstar Saga maps!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:46:47 pm by emmanoelbs » Report Spam   Logged

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 11:12:21 pm »

You should just give up entirely on Seven Stars tilesets; they wouldn't fit in at all and would be a pain to import.

Plus, the resources from the first 3 Mario and Luigi RPG games are definitely enough to make a good variety of maps anyways.
Report Spam   Logged

SMB
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 02:53:48 pm »

So what you are trying to do its the timing system for jumps but how are you going to do that for the items, hammers and gloves and using them in all 3 games?
Report Spam   Logged
emmanoelbs
Shrooblet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 08:16:06 pm »

So what you are trying to do its the timing system for jumps but how are you going to do that for the items, hammers and gloves and using them in all 3 games?

It's principally in this part that we need help so much... About this we dont know nothing, only Kimimaru, Hydrakiller or another expert mmorpg creator...
Report Spam   Logged

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 04:33:27 pm »

Well, you're trying to get into making a game with semi-advanced scripting concepts with, from what I'm guessing, fairly limited programming knowledge.

I would say you'd just have to build up the fundamentals of your programming a bit more, then spend some good thinking time trying to figure out how to do it. Matching frames to the actual object interaction in programming is IMO more tedious and annoying than difficult.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: