Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:50:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

DirectDraw error need help

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DirectDraw error need help  (Read 732 times)
efeemmi
Shrooblet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: December 06, 2014, 03:39:29 pm »

1- run this before...exe
2-windows7 fix.exe
3- online patcher
4- account creation, character creation and i cant enter to game.
5- install font
6- still cant enter.
"Error initializing DirectDraw! Make sure you have directx 7..."
How can i fix this?

note: there is dx7vb.dll on the syswow64 directory.
gpu: gtx680
cpu: i7 ...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:57:08 pm by efeemmi » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:58:13 pm »

Hello efeemmi, sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem. Please register dx7vb.dll:

1. Open up the cmd as an Administrator
2. Type "cd C:/Windows/Syswow64" without the quotes and press Enter
3. Type "regsvr32 dx7vb.dll" without the quotes and press Enter

You should receive a message stating if it was successful or not. If successful, try logging onto SMBO again. If you received an error message or still cannot get on SMBO, please post here again detailing the message.
Report Spam   Logged
efeemmi
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 12:13:22 pm »

Hello efeemmi, sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem. Please register dx7vb.dll:

1. Open up the cmd as an Administrator
2. Type "cd C:/Windows/Syswow64" without the quotes and press Enter
3. Type "regsvr32 dx7vb.dll" without the quotes and press Enter

You should receive a message stating if it was successful or not. If successful, try logging onto SMBO again. If you received an error message or still cannot get on SMBO, please post here again detailing the message.

Thank you for your support. After this steps i get "DllRegisterServer in dx7vb.dll succeded." message. But still im getting same error:
"Error initializing DirectDraw! Make sure you have DirectX7 or higher installed and a compatible graphics device. Err: 5, Desc: Invalid procedure call or agument"

If there is any log file and if you want to examine dxdiag or that log file, i can sent it to you. I have no idea whats causing to this problem. System language or resulotion... Maybe nvidia surround, three monitor (5760x1920) is the reason. Some games (example: naruto 3 ultimate blabla) doesnt work when nvidia surround enable. i will disable and try now.... Still same error. Ok Nvidia surround isn't a problem.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:07:23 pm by efeemmi » Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »

Hi efeemmi,

The issue might be that one or more of the graphics files are not being read properly. Please open up the folder where you have SMBO installed, and then go to the "GFX" folder. Make sure that all of the files in the folder have the ".smbo" file extension. If you see any files with a different file extension, please delete them and then try running SMBO again.

Also, be sure to put the SMBO folder in a location where its contents are not blocked. The Desktop or the Documents folder typically works best.
Report Spam   Logged
efeemmi
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 05:56:13 am »

"C:\SMBO\GFX" all files have .smbo extention.  there is .grf.c (0KB) in SMBO directory is it normal? That file is empty.
Report Spam   Logged
guest908

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 03:41:11 pm »

"C:\SMBO\GFX" all files have .smbo extention.  there is .grf.c (0KB) in SMBO directory is it normal? That file is empty.

That's normal, The .grf.c is not something to worry about, and for the problem, it does say you need direct X, Which can be installed here.
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 06:58:20 pm »

Please move the SMBO folder from the C: drive. That folder is more restricted than most. Please move it to Desktop or Documents and then try running SMBO again. If that doesn't work, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus and then running SMBO again. If none of those steps work, please let me know so I can see what else we can try.

As Arkip said, yes, the .grf.c file is normal and isn't anything to worry about.

I hope that helps!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: