Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:35:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

(fixed!)Runtime Error 13 type mismatch

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: (fixed!)Runtime Error 13 type mismatch  (Read 2176 times)
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary
« on: October 19, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »

Help! I maked an account on SMBO and every time I try to login, after I click button Login a window shows and says Runtime Error 13 type mismatch. This is what one of SMBO creators answered to another user: 
Did you install the 32-bit library files? If so, try registering your dx7vb.dll and VBMP.ocx files. Instructions for doing so can be found on the Bugs & Errors list.
32-bit library files? If you are talking about ELI-2-BETA or Windows 7 and Vista fix, then yes, I instaled it as Administrator. Registering files? On Bugs and Errors list I looked at section ''For Windows 7 and Vista Users(x86 and 64-bit users)'' x86 means 32-bit? If yes then my problem is I don't have in C:/Windows folder Syswow64. Can you help me? (I have Windows 7 32 bits) Sorry if this already solved or if it's my own mistake.

Edit:FIXED!!! See last post of this topic for more informations.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:14:27 pm by Krsim » Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »

Hello Krsim! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging on. The 32-bit library files are packaged inside the SMBO folder and are named something along the lines of "RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY THE GAME."

x86 does indeed mean 32-bit. In this case, you'll want to register the files in your C:/Windows/System32 folder instead of SysWOW64.

Please let me know if this works, and don't hesitate to post if you encounter any further problems!
Report Spam   Logged
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:50:16 am »

Thank you for help, but I have a guestion: In System32 folder do I have to replace the dx7vb.dll and VBMP.ocx files with the files in Data folder in SMBO or not? I At first I thought that I have to replace it, but a window shows and says I have to be an administrator to delete the dx7vb.dll(and then add the one from Data folder)
Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 03:29:04 pm »

Oh, is your User Account Control (UAC) enabled? That usually causes errors when running the game. Bring the bar all the way down and try running SMBO again. You may need to restart your computer after changing any UAC settings.
Report Spam   Logged
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 11:04:05 am »

It was enabled, and as Administrator, I disabled it. A message shows and says about resting a computer. I restarted it and then looked into (translated) Control panels/System and security/Center of actions. I looked for security and there is written: User Account Control   Disabled
Tool User Account Control notifies the user never. As administrator I opened SMBO, Login and... Runtime Error 13 type mismatch Cry. Please help me, SMBO looks like great game and I realy want to play it!

EDIT: Because it don't work I turned UAC to enabled state
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:19:40 am by Krsim » Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 04:18:52 am »

Try registering your DLL files. If you have them in System32 already, then there should be no need to replace them.

Registering:
1. Click on the Windows Orb
2. Type "Run" in the Search Bar without the quotes
3. Once Run is opened, type "regsvr32 dx7vb.dll" without the quotes. If successful, it will tell you, otherwise it'll give you an error message
4. Now, replace the current text with "regsvr32 VBMP.ocx" without the quotes. Again, it'll notify you whether it succeeded or not
5. Repeat with dx8vb.dll

Please let me know if you encounter any errors while registering. If all of those files succeeded registration, try running the game with the UAC off. For reference, the UAC doesn't really protect your computer at all. However, if you don't consider yourself very tech-savvy and feel you may accidentally install harmful software, I recommend keeping it on.
Report Spam   Logged
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:14:17 pm »

When I typed Run it shows many results. Which one is correct Huh??

You probadly mean program cmd. I typed cmd and opened it. I typed regsvr32 dx7vb.dll and a error message shows:

Dx7vb.dll module was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005. For more information about this problem, search online using the error code to use as a search term.

(I don't tried registering other files, it will probadly also shows error.)

EDIT: Screenshot:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:07:24 pm by Krsim » Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 05:12:14 pm »

You can register dll files through Run or cmd. There should be only one program on your computer called "Run," but if you have others then use cmd.

In any case, run cmd as an administrator (you'll have to right-click it) and try registering again. If it still doesn't work, then do the same with the UAC turned off. Even if dx7vb.dll fails, try registering the other files and let me know your results.
Report Spam   Logged
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:33 am »

I tried registering it as administrator and it don't work. Then I tried registering it as administartor with UAC in off state, and it works!
All 3 files registered!
Then I tried running SMBO. I clicked login and typed my nickname and password. I clicked Login and use character and...       Receiving game data...  Super Mario Bros Online: Run-time error '13':  Type mismatch

I tried registering it again. This time I go to System32 directory and runed cmd from it(previous time I runed it by  clicking Windows button and runed cmd from search results). All registered again. I Opened SMBO and error shows again.

How is this possible? I opened it when all files are registered + I opened it as administrator + I opened it when UAC is off.
Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »

There must be another problem then. Did you install the Library Files? Also make sure you run the SMBO Patcher, since many players encountering this error ended up having outdated files.
Report Spam   Logged
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »

This error is a mystery. I runed the RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY as administarator with UAC disabled . Also I runed as administrator SMBO Patcher with UAC disabled. ''No new updates avaible''. Then  I played SMBO and... Runtime error 13 Type mismatch.

I also want thank you for checking this topic every day and fast answering.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:24:44 pm by Krsim » Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 03:00:52 am »

You're welcome! I suggest reinstalling the game, as something may have went wrong and caused the error. If it still doesn't work after that we'll see what the next course of action should be.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:02:25 am by Kimimaru » Report Spam   Logged
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51:11 am »

I probadly finaly know the error reason! I reinstalled it. As * I runed RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY GAME. It works. Then as * I runed SMBO Patcher and: Fatal error patch 80.
If your client is crashing when you try to patch
then go to Start Menu, click Run, and type the following

regsvr32 /u mmswitch.ax

Then hit enter and it should work!

If not, contact a GM!

I tried it and error window shows:(translated)Mmswitch.ax module failed to load.

Verify that the binary file located in the specified path, or by tuning to determine whether problems with the binary or dependent DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.

*=Administrator with UAC disabled
Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 06:44:14 pm »

Hi Krsim,

Sorry that you're experiencing issues when logging in.

If you have an anti-virus enabled, please disable it temporarily. I know this might make you feel a little uncomfortable, but I assure you that in the past, players have had trouble running the library files because of their anti-virus software.

Once your anti-virus has been disabled, please download and run the Windows Vista & 7 Fix again as an administrator. Here is the link for your convenience: http://supermariobrosonline.tk/uploads/Windows_Vista_&_7_Fix.rar

Then try running the file named "RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY THE GAME" again as an administrator. Once you've done that, try running the Super Mario Bros. Online Patcher as an administrator. Hopefully that should work.

I think the issue is something other than what the Patcher is reporting, because I can log onto the game without any issues, and I receive the same "Mmswitch.ax module failed to load" error message.

If you get SMBO up and running after those steps, you can re-enable your anti-virus, and SMBO should still work.

Please let me know if that helps.
Report Spam   Logged
Krsim
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 08:03:38 am »

I tried it. I disabled antivirus and runed Windows 7 and Vista Fix. Then I looked at antivirus and it's not completely disabled. I completely disabled it and Runed Windows 7 and Vista Fix again. Then I runed RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY GAME. No error. Then I runed SMBO Patcher.
No error. I runed SMBO and... Runtime Error 13: Type mismatch.

I tried reinstalling Windows 7 and Vista Fix and SMBO. Eclipse Library Instaled. I runed RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY GAME, no error. I runed SMBO patcher, no error. Then I runed game and Runtime Error 13: Type mismatch.

Note: Yes, I runed these programs as administrator(Windows 7 and Vista Fix, RUN THIS BEFORE YOU PLAY GAME and SMBO Patcher)
Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day/night.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: