Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:27:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

SMBO always offline?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: SMBO always offline?  (Read 4785 times)
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 31, 2014, 01:06:29 pm »

I'm new to Super Mario Bros Online but in game it always says offline while i runned Windows Vista fix and Patcher  Cry.I really appreciate it if you reply asap.On the site it always says online.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:42:44 pm »

Hi Waluigifan32, and welcome to Super Mario Bros. Online! You should run the Super Mario Bros. Online Patcher to receive the latest updates, if you have not done so. Please let us know if the issue is resolved after you run the patcher.

I hope that helps!
Report Spam   Logged
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:36:25 am »

Hi Waluigifan32, and welcome to Super Mario Bros. Online! You should run the Super Mario Bros. Online Patcher to receive the latest updates, if you have not done so. Please let us know if the issue is resolved after you run the patcher.

I hope that helps!

I did run the patcher but still not online also i can't make a new account
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:51:51 am by Waluigifan32 » Report Spam   Logged
Diapolo10
Shrooblet

"That helpful guy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:42:15 am »

I actually have the exact same problem. Although that might be caused by the fact that my laptop has Windows 8...  Cry

I can't even press the "IP CONFIG" button. If I do nothing happens. I tried to find the server IP stuff from the .ini files but couldn't find anything useful. What am I doing wrong here?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:24:07 am by Diapolo10 » Report Spam   Logged

"RuneScape is my favourite game. If you are confident that you are stronger than I am feel free to challenge me for a duel."
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 11:54:20 am »

I actually have the exact same problem. Although that might be caused by the fact that my laptop has Windows 8...  Cry

I can't even press the "IP CONFIG" button. If I do nothing happens. I tried to find the server IP stuff from the .ini files but couldn't find anything useful. What am I doing wrong here?
I've read somewhere that they disabled the IP Button.
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 03:50:46 pm »

IP Config button was disabled a while ago.

I'll suppose you've already read the stickied post on general troubleshooting since it's in the same subforum, but if you haven't... http://www.smf4free.com/forums/supermariobrosonline/index.php/topic,1244.0.html

If you start from scratch and follow those directions exactly, but still experience the connection error, then you should ask Kimi or Hydra.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 05:18:22 pm »

Still offline.Srry to say but a waste of space on my pc of a game that doesn't work.It looks amazing if i look at the vids.But yeah i was actually going to play it with my friends.Now we can't, isn't there another way to fix this?
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 06:32:06 pm »

Hi Waluigifan32 and Diapolo10,

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have an anti-virus, please disable it. Then, download the Windows Vista & 7 Fix from here: http://supermariobrosonline.tk/uploads/Windows_Vista_&_7_Fix.rar

Please make sure you have 7zip or WinRAR installed so you can decompress the .RAR file. Once the .RAR file is decompressed, open the resulting folder, which should be named "Windows_Vista_&_7_Fix." There should be one executable file inside the folder. Right-click on this file, and select the "Run as administrator" option. Follow the installation process as normal afterwards, and then try running SMBO. This has been proven to fix these types of issues in the past. SMBO does work with Windows 8, so that should not be an issue.

If you experience further issues, we can set up a remote session so that I can help you in more detail. Again, I apologize for the troubles you have encountered.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:34:33 pm by hydrakiller4000 » Report Spam   Logged
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 09:24:57 pm »

Oh you must disable anti virus software is that recommended? because i don't want to.So if you don't disable your anti virus software you can't play online also i like how you guys made this forum it's awesome and the emoticons   Angry WAAAH!I tried everything but not disabling my anti virus software,i'm scared i get a virus
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:31:35 pm by Waluigifan32 » Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 01:49:02 am »

Hi Waluigifan32,

Disabling your anti-virus is not recommended, but some anti-virus programs block the installation of the Windows Vista & 7 Fix. As such, I would recommend you temporarily disable it. After you install the Windows Vista & 7 Fix (as an administrator) and SMBO is up and running, you should enable your anti-virus again. Please be sure to run SMBO as an administrator as well.

If you have the standard Windows Defender that comes with Windows 8, you should not need to disable it. However, if you have another anti-virus product, I would recommend you disable it just to install the fix. Also, are you receiving any error messages at all when you load the game, or are you just seeing that the server is offline for SMBO?
Report Spam   Logged
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 08:53:44 am »

Hi Waluigifan32,

Disabling your anti-virus is not recommended, but some anti-virus programs block the installation of the Windows Vista & 7 Fix. As such, I would recommend you temporarily disable it. After you install the Windows Vista & 7 Fix (as an administrator) and SMBO is up and running, you should enable your anti-virus again. Please be sure to run SMBO as an administrator as well.

If you have the standard Windows Defender that comes with Windows 8, you should not need to disable it. However, if you have another anti-virus product, I would recommend you disable it just to install the fix. Also, are you receiving any error messages at all when you load the game, or are you just seeing that the server is offline for SMBO?
I'm just seeing that the server is offline and i can't seem to login other then that the game runs good without errors
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:55:23 am by Waluigifan32 » Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 04:16:09 pm »

Are you running it as an admin on your computer? If you aren't an admin then lots of stuff won't work.

To make sure you're running it as an admin, right-click on the client and select "Run as Administrator"
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 04:28:45 pm »

I'm in WinRAR and i can't click run as administrator but i'm already administrator on my pc.Can you give me instructions please maybe that's the reason why it won't connect EDIT:I runned WinRAR as administrator but it doesn't fix the offline status all the time  Cry I'll just wait until Project MLO is finished Do you guys know for sure if the server is online?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:42:02 pm by Waluigifan32 » Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 06:01:07 pm »

Hi Waluigifan32,

It seems as though you are trying to run WinRAR as an administrator, but you are actually supposed to run the Windows Vista & 7 Fix as an administrator. To do so, you need to extract the .RAR file that you received when you downloaded the Windows Vista & 7 Fix from our website. Here is a link to a guide on extracting .ZIP files: http://noprobsoftware.com/guides/extractingzipfiles.htm

You would follow basically all of those steps, except you would start out by right-clicking on the Windows_Vista_&_7_Fix.rar file. Once you've followed that guide, you should right-click on the executable file inside the resulting, and select "run as administrator."

If you need further assistance, we can set up a remote session so that I can directly help you with getting SMBO up and running. If you're interested, please send me a PM with a time that works for you. I work full-time during the week, so I would prefer it if we can do the remote session sometime today or tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Waluigifan32
Shrooblet

Fan Game Gameplays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 08:48:50 pm »

I runned The fix as administrator but that's not my question nvm.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: