Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:11:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

SMBO always offline?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: SMBO always offline?  (Read 4786 times)
Diapolo10
Shrooblet

"That helpful guy"

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 02:16:47 pm »

Hello Diapolo10, sorry to hear you're encountering this problem.

In the past, very few players had trouble initially logging into their characters. The common fix involved one of the administrators (hydrakiller4000 or myself) logging into the players's characters then immediately logging out. Afterwards, the player was able to play normally, though he/she was not able to use a newly-created character until the process was repeated. We currently do not have a guaranteed fix for the issue since it's not known exactly what the problem is or why it occurs for certain players.

If you'd like to try this solution, send me a PM with your username and password and I'll let you know if I am able to log in with your characters. Afterwards, hopefully you'll be able to play the game normally. Again, sorry that you're encountering this issue and I hope we can resolve it soon.

I really appreciate your help but unfortunately that didn't work at all. The problem is now more than likely caused by my computer (Acer Aspire M3 Ultrabook) so if you have any further suggestions please let me know Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"RuneScape is my favourite game. If you are confident that you are stronger than I am feel free to challenge me for a duel."
SMB
Goomba

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 01:27:56 pm »

Can't you maybe try deleting and re downloading the game because it may be that one of the files is corrupt.
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 09:08:39 pm »

I really appreciate your help but unfortunately that didn't work at all. The problem is now more than likely caused by my computer (Acer Aspire M3 Ultrabook) so if you have any further suggestions please let me know Smiley

What about your computer do you think may be causing it? We know that Windows 8 is capable of running the game, as hydrakiller4000, I, and several others use it. I think the next step would be to reinstall the game, as SMB suggested, and we'll take it from there.
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 09:27:39 pm »

Hi Diapolo10,

With the weekend approaching, it might be a good time to set up a remote session in the next day or two so that I can directly assist you with the issue. Remote sessions usually do not take very long and would help get you up and running much quicker.

If you are interested, please PM me a time (EST) that you are available to do the remote session on this coming Saturday or Sunday, and we can take it from there.

I apologize again for the inconvenience.
Report Spam   Logged
Diapolo10
Shrooblet

"That helpful guy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 02:45:43 am »

What about your computer do you think may be causing it? We know that Windows 8 is capable of running the game, as hydrakiller4000, I, and several others use it. I think the next step would be to reinstall the game, as SMB suggested, and we'll take it from there.

I have reinstalled the game 2 times without any results. And unfortunately I can't participate in a remote session because:
1. I'm very busy.
2. My timezone is GMT+2
3. I won't be at home this weekend :/
Report Spam   Logged

"RuneScape is my favourite game. If you are confident that you are stronger than I am feel free to challenge me for a duel."
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 08:06:25 pm »

I have reinstalled the game 2 times without any results. And unfortunately I can't participate in a remote session because:
1. I'm very busy.
2. My timezone is GMT+2
3. I won't be at home this weekend :/

Hi Diapolo10,

Could you please try downloading and running this file as an administrator? Click here to download it. This file installs some core files for SMBO and may help resolve your issue. If that installation does not resolve the issue, do you have access to another computer? If so, I would suggest trying to install SMBO on that other machine. It is possible that some system configuration on your laptop may be blocking SMBO from running properly, in which case it would be very difficult to troubleshoot without holding a remote session.

I hope that helps!
Report Spam   Logged
ym639ee6vq5
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 11:19:06 pm »

Hello, I am new here and trying to get this running, but I am getting the same problem of not connecting online. I have run everything as an administrator and tried installing things over several times following all the instructions.

I could not tell how the op fixed it in this thread.
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 10:05:06 pm »

Hello ym639ee6vq5, and welcome to the SMBO forums!

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error. I take it you ran the patcher, correct? If so, I suggest disabling both your Firewall and Anti-virus and see if it says SMBO is online. If so, then one of them was the problem and you should re-enable them and add SMBO as an exception. Additionally, try to disable the User Account Control (UAC) by moving its bar all the way to the bottom and see if that works.

Sorry again for the inconveniece; I hope we can resolve the issue soon.
Report Spam   Logged
ym639ee6vq5
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 01:02:51 am »

Hello ym639ee6vq5, and welcome to the SMBO forums!

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error. I take it you ran the patcher, correct? If so, I suggest disabling both your Firewall and Anti-virus and see if it says SMBO is online. If so, then one of them was the problem and you should re-enable them and add SMBO as an exception. Additionally, try to disable the User Account Control (UAC) by moving its bar all the way to the bottom and see if that works.

Sorry again for the inconveniece; I hope we can resolve the issue soon.

thanks for the response. I did run the patcher, as an administrator, and the windows 7 fix. I never have my Firewall or anti-virus running either. I did try sliding the UAC, but to no avail. It still only shows as offline.
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 03:46:55 am »

Which operating system are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 8?
Report Spam   Logged
ym639ee6vq5
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 02:06:34 pm »

Which operating system are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 8?

I have windows 7, 64 bit
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »

Have you read this topic? It guides you through the installation process, covering a lot of common problems and providing solutions them.

Also, you may need the 64-bit library files, which can be found here: http://eclipse-mmorpgmaker.googlecode.com/files/Eclipse%20Library%20Installer%20x86-64.exe

Is connecting to the server your only problem? Do you ever encounter any runtime errors before/after the Main Menu is loaded?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:08:32 pm by Kimimaru » Report Spam   Logged
superspyro1204
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 10:04:31 pm »

It does not seem to be working for me either. Maybe cause I'm running windows 8 though I don't see why I should have a problem cause other games like SMBO have worked for me before on this laptop.
Report Spam   Logged
ym639ee6vq5
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 12:04:07 am »

Have you read this topic? It guides you through the installation process, covering a lot of common problems and providing solutions them.

Also, you may need the 64-bit library files, which can be found here: http://eclipse-mmorpgmaker.googlecode.com/files/Eclipse%20Library%20Installer%20x86-64.exe

Is connecting to the server your only problem? Do you ever encounter any runtime errors before/after the Main Menu is loaded?

yes I followed that from the beginning and did that install, but I can try everything again just in case. And no, no other errors.
Report Spam   Logged
ym639ee6vq5
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2014, 12:56:45 pm »

well I tried from the start again

ran the windows 7 fix, and the 64 bit library updater, then replaced the jikpatch file, then ran the run this before you play the game, then the patcher, then that game, all as administrator, and my firewall off.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: