Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:18:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Erm...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Erm...  (Read 1098 times)
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:12:56 am »

Thanks for your suggestions! I am not offended in the slightest, and any good developer should always be open to constructive criticism such as yours. I'll go through your suggestions:

First, I want you to know that we are aware that the game is a little bit of a grind-fest and a little too difficult at the start; this is a fault on our part.

1. I understand your concern for this, but when the player dies we feel there should be some sort of penalty. Originally we were going to make players lose items, but that was too extreme, so we came up with losing experience points. Over time, we made you lose experience points proportional to your level, lowering the values each time until we and the community felt they were reasonable.

2. This actually does occur; the Green Coconutter is just considered a mid-boss and thus does not have any boss music. Again, this is a fault on our part for not clearly conveying this information.

3. At such an early part of the game, we felt that only Mushrooms and Honey Syrups would suffice. Completing favors, balancing your stats, and getting the best equipment available should help boost you up and defeat the stronger enemies. Remember that you also have Special Attacks, which can be very helpful, at your disposal.

4. The gear restrictions were put in place because players would often have their higher-leveled characters buy extremely good gear from later parts of the game and trade them to their lower-leveled characters, who would then breeze through the game. The level restrictions also help players make informed choices about which pieces of equipment to get based on what they can equip, afford, and need. In short, the level restrictions give players some sense of progression whereas the the lack of level restrictions would cause players to not purchase the lower-leveled gear at all, which actually can delay them from obtaining the higher-leveled gear.

5. We have rebalanced the entire game several times, and this was the best result. Previously, you needed to do a whole lot more leveling since enemies were much more powerful. Now, the enemies are weaker but give slightly less experience, so although it will take a little longer to level up, you actually need to level up fewer times to fare better against them.

6. Looking back, this makes sense. However at this time in development, we were reserving Save Blocks for safe, major areas and had only one at the time, which was Mushroom Town.

By offering suggestions, you show us that you actually like the game and want to see it improve, and I appreciate that! Unfortunately, the game is no longer in development and we cannot implement these. However, I do hope you enjoy what it has to offer!

If you are still having trouble progressing, ask in the Game Help section of the forums and hopefully some more experienced players will give you some good advice! There is also a guide in the Game Discussion board that some players have written up, so check that out too!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:14:47 am by Kimimaru » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: