Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:47:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Super Mario RPG The Seven Sages expansion pack

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Mario RPG The Seven Sages expansion pack  (Read 1572 times)
SMB
Goomba

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« on: September 17, 2013, 06:41:32 pm »

Hey Penguin I am right now using your 1.0.6 expansion pack and that it is working out great even if there are some issues.  Like I had to redo my entire file since I think using a file from an old version won't work on the expansion.  I loved the new skills you gave to Mario and Luigi though I haven't gotten them all yet but I was able to learn the healing skills.  You know the Cure skill is useful if you are fighting a boss that you use Mario's or Bowsers FP to empty or if the HP of one or two or all the members are in danger, use cure and defend with the entire team till you have full HP and FP.  Though there are some new places I'm not sure about that may relate to Jerry's quests.  Like in Mushroom Plains 2 there is new path near the beginning where there are just trees and a bridge that looks like it needs to be raised.  In Mushroom Bridge at the pipe area there is a different path that leads to this pipe maze area.  And when Jerry only has one quest, if you take it you get stuck in an endless conversation and you would have to reset the game.  I'm still a bit early in the game right now but mind telling me about the crafting materials about where to find them.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:51:58 pm »

Well, first off, I'm glad you like the update so far!

Second, and probably the most important, the latest update out now is 1.1.1, which is 1.1.0 patched with a couple bug fixes. There's a new suit and a few other thingies too in 1.1.0. 1.2.0 is currently in development and you can follow its progress on the ICU gigasoft forums (you have to be a member of that forum to view the thread, though), and I'm sure you'll love that because it has loads...literally LOADS of new stuff. It also fixes some Jerry bugs (pretty much I just band-aid fixed and rendered Jerry useless). And as far as I know v 1.1.0 and future updates are compatible with previous version save files. I don't know what's wrong with your save because people didn't have to start a new file to play through 1.0.6, but you really get to experience the MOD more if you play through the game again. For now, just try to avoid talking to Jerry.

And to give you a little help on your new playthrough of the mod (if you made videos that would help publicize and let me see how others play through it then that would be really neat):

-If you beat Super Mario Bros. DX at the arcade in the Castle Town then you will get a new suit that's versatile and can be used in almost any situation... generally it's an extremely balanced suit that has a slight tilt towards the special stat (which is optimized for Luigi's new stat curves).
-If you buy a special key from Smasher K's shop once you have the ultra boots, you can use the key to open a locked door somewhere for a new suit. This suit will regenerate 2% + 1 HP and FP per turn. Its special attacks are also fairly strong BUT have a very high FP cost. To counter this the suit comes with an FP draining skill that removes the enemy's FP and adds it to Mario.
-For the Reward Item(L) you see at the crafting place (not open until you obtain a certain suit) you will actually get the 3 parts needed to craft it from killing 2 bosses and going through a story event by default (so you'll actually gain 2 by default and 1 from a sidequest boss thingy).
-As for the other things you can craft at Jerry's Place, you can only gain those items through finishing his quests. However, his quests are very buggy so I don't suggest doing those. I may just end up removing all of them anyways.

If you want to see a preview vid of 1.2.0, which I suggest you do cause it's really neat, then just check out my most recent upload on my youtube channel.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
SMB
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »

Ok where's the link?
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:49:55 pm »

I believe the link is on the youtube vid for my 1.0.6 showcase, if not you can find it on the thread on the ICU gigasoft forums.
Report Spam   Logged

SMB
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 12:48:06 am »

Hey Penguin, I so far am on where I get power from the last sage and the expansion pack overall is excellent.  The music change however is sort of weird for it's selections.  But the new suits were pretty great even the new one for where I was able to find it just by coincidence without the hint at the monster arena.  I really like the explanations that's in the new hero room area that has been added.  You know Penguin I once replaced the game music with the originals just for experience and I think I might release that as maybe a mod.
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:44:06 pm »

making a music-changing mod wouldn't be a bad idea, but ICU gigasoft's guidelines for submitting MODs is very...tedious. You may have to spend quite a while gathering all the maps where you changed music, which can definitely take some time. Also, MODs are currently incompatible with each other due to RPGMaker2003's restrictions, give or take a few very special examples. Even something as simple as a music mod would be incompatible with a mod like mine. However, GFX mods are always compatible with any other mod, thankfully enough.
Report Spam   Logged

SMB
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 05:28:26 pm »

But making a music mod is sort of simple.  You find all the original pieces of music from the perspective games.  What you do then is make sure the format of the music matches that of the ones in the Music folder.  Then what you do after is replace the fan music with the original and it should be able to play it when you use the game.  But you have to close any file explorers that involves the music folder in the game folder or else the music won't play
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 06:17:29 pm »

changing music in a map will change the map file itself, meaning if you change the music in map 333, then you will have to include that specific map file ONLY in the MOD, because ICU gigasoft requires that you only include the necessary files. Also, changing system music such as battle BGM requires a database change, which will result in you needing to include the database file in your MOD. Items, skills, and pretty much everything that isn't a map is in the databases, so any database-changing MODs are currently incompatible with most others.
Report Spam   Logged

SMB
Goomba

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 06:22:25 pm »

It just involves changing the game's music with the original counterparts but both need to have the same name and format.  I've once just used the original main battle theme in the game and it worked without any serious problems.  How it goes is that there's a music file called battle in the Music folder right?  You get the original battle theme and you rename it as battle, then after that you replace the original music with the new one.
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 09:55:14 pm »

If you want to change the battle music you could go about deceptive naming to fit the current database file, if RPGM2003 doesn't identify tracks off of a numbered listing and by title alone. The easier but incompatible way would be to change the database, which would change the database file which is unfortunately incapable of being merged.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: