Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:44:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

inventory causing lag?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: inventory causing lag?  (Read 952 times)
superspyro1204
Shrooblet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:38 am »

Not sure if this should be in the glitches area but I'm gonna explain what happens anyways.
I just started playing this game again a while back and I've noticed that whenever I go to my inventory the game slows down a lot. Can't tell if this is just me or if anyone else has this problem. Right now its not too serious but it is annoying.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:51:15 pm »

Strange, I've never heard of this before.

I'll do a little research and see if I can find anything. What operating system do you use?
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
superspyro1204
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:38:32 am »

I use windows vista. The intresting thing is that I dont remember having this issue when I played back then in the Beta stages of development :/
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 04:56:20 pm »

The game always produced minor lag when I used an item. Is the lag happening whenever you use an item, or just whenever you open up the inventory?
Report Spam   Logged

superspyro1204
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 02:58:16 pm »

The game always produced minor lag when I used an item. Is the lag happening whenever you use an item, or just whenever you open up the inventory?
just whenever I open up the inventory
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 03:25:15 pm »

I don't really understand how the server works with transferring data and stuff, but I'm supposing that the inventory data is kept in a file in the SMBO folder on your computer. It's possible that there's something strange with your internet settings that makes it hard for the server to connect with this file. Anyways, I really don't know much about this, especially since it's never happened before. Best is to ask Kimi or Hydra for help, but for some reason Kimi hasn't been on in over a week, which is really strange. Maybe he's preparing for his final exams or something. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help Sad
Report Spam   Logged

superspyro1204
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 03:34:44 pm »

Its alright. It just strikes me as odd cause it never has happened before
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 12:56:47 am »

Hello superspyro1204,

I apologize for not replying sooner. It turns out, as Penguin said, that we haven't had this issue reported to us before. Since the beta version of SMBO, we have actually revamped the entire inventory system and recoded it in a more efficient and flexible way. This leads me to believe that the underlying problem might be something else and not necessarily the new inventory system, especially since other players do not have any issues with it.

Do you experience any graphics issues or other forms of lag that seem unusual while you are playing the game? Additionally, have you ran the Super Mario Bros. Online Patcher to make sure that you have the most recent version of the game? If you already ran the patcher, then you might want to try reinstalling the game, and then running the patcher afterwards, to ensure that all of your game files are up-to-date.

Please let us know the results of doing the aforementioned suggestions.
Report Spam   Logged
WK67
Shrooblet

UMWO co-owner

View Profile WWW
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »

I'd say I also get some lag with the inventory system, but not all the time. Though it could just be this old hunk of crash for a computer that I'm using. Only 1.82gb of ram, ew.  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Come check out my YouTubez Channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/wingedkoopa67/
superspyro1204
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »

Hello superspyro1204,

I apologize for not replying sooner. It turns out, as Penguin said, that we haven't had this issue reported to us before. Since the beta version of SMBO, we have actually revamped the entire inventory system and recoded it in a more efficient and flexible way. This leads me to believe that the underlying problem might be something else and not necessarily the new inventory system, especially since other players do not have any issues with it.

Do you experience any graphics issues or other forms of lag that seem unusual while you are playing the game? Additionally, have you ran the Super Mario Bros. Online Patcher to make sure that you have the most recent version of the game? If you already ran the patcher, then you might want to try reinstalling the game, and then running the patcher afterwards, to ensure that all of your game files are up-to-date.

Please let us know the results of doing the aforementioned suggestions.
I have the latest version of SMBO. I will report back to see if reinstalling it does work but for now it is just a lag that slows down the game. No graphical changes or anything. Speed returns back to normal when I leave the inventory screen. I will try reinstalling it whenever I can
Report Spam   Logged
superspyro1204
Shrooblet

View Profile
One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:20 am »

Just redownloaded the game and patched it to the latest version. Inventory still causes the small laggyness. Maybe it's my system. When my bro finishes my "christmas present" we will see then Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: