Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:32:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

A Question.

Poll
Question: Antivirus Problem  (Voting closed: March 26, 2013, 11:37:52 am)
Answer it - 1 (50%)
Leave Him Sad and doesn't support the game - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Question.  (Read 1100 times)
Cooolboy78
Shrooblet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:37:52 am »

i don't understand.. i downloaded the game and my antivirus say that it has a virus but some friends say it doesn't have viruses i need to skip the problem without antivirus saying that even if i deactivated the antivirus i am worried and i need to play the game in peace..
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Segatendo
Forum Designer

I'm Kooper, kooper the koopa.

View Profile WWW
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »

Some antivirus programs tend to think .exe files by unknown people are viruses. Don't worry, it ain't a virus at all. If your antivirus won't stop bugging you about it, put it on the exceptions list or something. (don't ask me how, I don't know which program you use, and probably still won't know how even if you tell me, unless I'm familiar with it already.)
Report Spam   Logged

hydrakiller4000
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02:32 pm »

Hey Cooolboy78, and welcome to Super Mario Bros. Online! SMBO is not a virus and has been considered a virus by anti-virus programs in the past, specifically Norton Antivirus. However, please note that SMBO isn't a virus and that, as Segatendo said, many anti-virus programs believe that .exe files by unknown publishers are viruses. Again, as Segatendo said, add SMBO to the exceptions list on your anti-virus program. If you don't know how to do this, just let me know and I'll try my best to guide you through it; I'll just need you to tell me which anti-virus you're using and what version of it. Once SMBO has been added to your exceptions list, you won't need to disable your anti-virus software and should no longer receive any messages about SMBO being a virus; therefore, you will be able to play the game in peace!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:04:35 pm by hydrakiller4000 » Report Spam   Logged
Cooolboy78
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:16:56 pm »

THX Cheesy
and i use Avira Anti Virus
Report Spam   Logged
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:27:54 pm »

No problem! Please follow the following guide for adding the Super Mario Bros. Online.exe file as an exception to Avira: http://www.ehow.com/how_8552183_set-file-exception-avira.html

It has step-by-step instructions, so you should be all set after following that. You might also want to add the Super Mario Bros. Online Patcher as an exception. Please let us know if you've managed to do it successfully and log onto SMBO!
Report Spam   Logged
Cooolboy78
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:13:17 pm »

i added The Patcher in expection only
I HAVE TO PUT THE EXE TOO???
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 03:13:16 pm »

Yes, you should put the exe file as an exception as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Cooolboy78
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:22 am »

thx

No problem! Please follow the following guide for adding the Super Mario Bros. Online.exe file as an exception to Avira: http://www.ehow.com/how_8552183_set-file-exception-avira.html

It has step-by-step instructions, so you should be all set after following that. You might also want to add the Super Mario Bros. Online Patcher as an exception. Please let us know if you've managed to do it successfully and log onto SMBO!
i done making the files expection are u sure it will not damage my pc?

Yes, you should put the exe file as an exception as well.
K anyway when i open the exe file it said windows cannot access the file i don't have the permission
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:10:10 am by Penguin4478 » Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 11:10:55 am »

Posts merged. Please try not to double post, or in this case, triple post. Rather, try using the "modify" option on your previous post if you want to announce something new.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
hydrakiller4000
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »

i done making the files expection are u sure it will not damage my pc?

Yes, this will not damage your computer at all. All it does is prevent your anti-virus from scanning the files in the exceptions list.

K anyway when i open the exe file it said windows cannot access the file i don't have the permission

Try right-clicking on the EXE file and selecting "Run as administrator." Did this error occur before? Also, please let us know which operating system you have. To find out which operating system you have, right-click on My Computer (or Computer), and then select Properties. A window should open showing you some of your computer information, including your operating system.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: