Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:39:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Ideas

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 891 times)
jpkurihara
Shrooblet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: July 16, 2012, 12:26:38 pm »

1- Capture Card system (From Super Paper Mario)
*The more enemy cards you have on your collection, the more damage you deal to that kind of enemy.
*Capture Cards and SP Capture Cards (Use it on a enemy to try to transform it into a card)(SP Cards have a bigger chance to get the enemy)
*Be able to see your collection on a new tab named "Album".

2- Jumping First Strike (If you have turn-based battles on, if you jump on a enemy it takes 1 more damage than a normal first strike. If you jump on a SPIKY enemy, you take the first strike and take 1 damage. If you dont have turn-based battles on, it just deals more damage than a regular attack, but just works once.)

3- Lucky hits, nuff said

4- Bosses use special attacks (Attention, I never faced a boss so I don't know if they are in the game, but if they are, make them use special attacks like Culex)

5- More items and enemies

6- Ability to recruit party members.

7- Add multiplayer support to turn based battles.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:53:07 pm by jpkurihara » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jdaster64
Global Moderator

FINALLY learned how to block POW blocks in MKWii

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:35:33 pm »

1) You can see your card collection not too much later in the game, as well.  They don't have any special benefit, but you can see enemy stats in your collection.

2) You can first strike already by attacking an enemy to start a turn-based battle.

3) Lucky hits already exist; they're called "Critical hits" and your critical rate goes up with equipment and higher STACHE.

5) There's a ton of items and areas already in the game, including Jammin' Jelly, though I do know you're pretty new to the game.

I would suggest playing through the game a bit more before adding any more suggestions.
Report Spam   Logged

First to get all 47 cards, all in inventory
SIX maxed characters at level 75!
Check out my updated suggestions thread here!
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:35:59 pm »

1. Pretty good idea, but it'd have to boost damage dealt to that enemy by either a small unit amount (1-3) or by a % of normal damage dealt. You can also see your collection at the card shop in the sewers.

2. Yet again another good idea, but it seems pretty tricky to program.
3. Lucky hits = critical hits, if you haven't gotten a crit in the game yet.
4. Lots of people have suggested this, and I think it's a good idea too. Unfortunately, this would be way too overpowered in realtime fights if you didn't select turnbased, since the boss could use the same special multiple times in a row.
5. I guarantee you there's enough items and enemies.
6. Party members like other people playing, or like the partners/allies thing in the Mario RPGs? If it's the latter, that would probably take away the feel of an MMORPG-style game, since you can use the party system to share EXP with a somewhat equal-level person.
7. Many people have suggested this too, and yet again, I believe it's also a good idea. Nothing about actually applying it to the game has been said yet, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
jpkurihara
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 12:49:36 pm »

1) You can see your card collection not too much later in the game, as well.  They don't have any special benefit, but you can see enemy stats in your collection.

2) You can first strike already by attacking an enemy to start a turn-based battle.

3) Lucky hits already exist; they're called "Critical hits" and your critical rate goes up with equipment and higher STACHE.

5) There's a ton of items and areas already in the game, including Jammin' Jelly, though I do know you're pretty new to the game.

Thanks. Im saying that juming into another enemy would deal more damage than doing a regular first strike
I would suggest playing through the game a bit more before adding any more suggestions.
Report Spam   Logged
jpkurihara
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »

1. Pretty good idea, but it'd have to boost damage dealt to that enemy by either a small unit amount (1-3) or by a % of normal damage dealt. You can also see your collection at the card shop in the sewers.

4. Lots of people have suggested this, and I think it's a good idea too. Unfortunately, this would be way too overpowered in realtime fights if you didn't select turnbased, since the boss could use the same special multiple times in a row.
6. Party members like other people playing, or like the partners/allies thing in the Mario RPGs? If it's the latter, that would probably take away the feel of an MMORPG-style game, since you can use the party system to share EXP with a somewhat equal-level person.
7. Many people have suggested this too, and yet again, I believe it's also a good idea. Nothing about actually applying it to the game has been said yet, though.
I was thinking about partners like in Mario RPGs. Or atleast they could be added into the game and you can see them, like the Toads in Mushroom Town
P.S: Im still at level 9 that why I dont know much about the game
Report Spam   Logged
jpkurihara
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:03:57 pm »

About the Card damage system, in Super Paper Mario if you have a Card of a enemy, it doubles the damage you deal to that certain enemy, after another card, it triples, and after the another, it quadruples.
Report Spam   Logged
Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »

Eh, I knew that, but it'd have to be something like what I said. If you considered making a glass cannon character, you could 1-shot everything with it and gain easy exp as long as you had their card. Like jdaster said, it's probably easier to understand our opinions on your suggestions if you play the game more.

Also, try not to multipost, in this case you did a triple post with quotes. I can't merge the posts from here since I'm typing from my Ipod, but hopefully someone else will merge them back.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:43:36 pm by Penguin4478 » Report Spam   Logged

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 03:44:35 pm »

That's actually a pretty good idea! It's like recalling, except there's EXP loss as punishment. I think this should be implemented into SMBO. But perhaps not suicide? Some people don't like discussing about that topic. How about you make the command /recall or something?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: