Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
August 11, 2020, 11:27:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Improving the Stache Stat

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Improving the Stache Stat  (Read 621 times)
Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:06:12 pm »

I just thought of a pretty decent idea. How about we introduce a "Lucky" chance?

Whenever you get a Lucky, the damage the attack normally would do to you would be cut in half or by 75%. It'd be sort of like Block Chance, except Lucky would affect Special Attacks (Block doesn't).

Lucky would have a set chance of occuring, barring a few badges that would increase it slightly. There would be a threshold for how much HP you need to have to get a Lucky, and each point in Stache would increase this threshold you need for it to occur.

Here's an example:

Say I have 50 Stache points and 100 max HP with no equipment. My chance of getting a Lucky would be the same even if I had 0 Stache, but with such a high Stache stat I can get a Lucky if my current HP is at or below 70. jdaster hits me with Yoshi Bomb and deals 60 damage, but I get a Lucky and it mitigates it to 30 (or 45) damage instead.

I'm a little hesitant on having Stache be somewhat offensive, defensive, and provide some utility at the same time, but I think it's fair since we can keep the Lucky chance at a decent number and realize that Stache provides only a little of each, not a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: