Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:51:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

Instant Battle Glitch

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Instant Battle Glitch  (Read 580 times)
Sonikku
Shrooblet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:53:22 am »

Glitch Name (you can make it up): Instant Battle Glitch
Glitch Description (what happens during the glitch): Turn-based mode on, in combat, but able to freely walk around. Pressing Ctrl lets you attack some enemy no matter what map you're in, and the game acts like a turn based battle. If the enemy is killed in a room outside the room you triggered the glitch in, an enemy (possibly random) in the current room dies instead. Returning to the room after winning the fight makes the guy you encountered stuck there, and you are no longer able to get into any encounters (or possibly interact with any NPCs at all) until you log. Other objects can be interacted with, though; I was able to use a heal block after winning the glitched battle.
How to activate the glitch (please be detailed and specific): Have an enemy attack you (get a first strike) the instant you get out of a battle.
Where the glitch occurs (if applicable)(please give the exact map name): Can happen almost anywhere I would think, but I got it to occur in General Shy Guy's room.
How many players are required to make the glitch occur (if applicable): One.
How many NPCs are required to make the glitch occur (if applicable): Two; the enemy you encountered to start the battle and a wandering enemy.
Why you believe the glitch may occur (if applicable): Likely a result of latency between getting out of battle and getting back onto the map.
Possible ways to fix the glitch (if known): May not be fixable.
Is this glitch reproducible: It's unlikely, but I bet you could reproduce it.
Screenshot (if you have one):
Screenshot depicts me standing on top of an enemy with Turn Based Battles active. This should have triggered an encounter, but did not.

Edit: I think the map needs a respawn. The enemy that glitched appears to be stuck there, and hit me for 1 damage outside of a turn-based battle, which did not trigger a battle.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:42:44 am by Sonikku » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kimimaru
Owner
Super Mario Bros. Online Creator

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 03:16:28 pm »

We're aware of this glitch and will have it fixed by the next update. It has to do with how we handle the turn-based battle trigger when you log on.

How to activate the glitch (please be detailed and specific): Have an enemy attack you (get a first strike) the instant you get out of a battle.

Note that this isn't possible because you have roughly 2 seconds of invincibility after a turn-based battle.

Thanks for reporting the glitch!
Report Spam   Logged
Sonikku
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:45:06 pm »

Note that this isn't possible because you have roughly 2 seconds of invincibility after a turn-based battle.

I swear, it doesn't feel like it sometimes. XD

Though I don't think this had anything to do with me logging in. In fact, I'd been on for quite some time when this happened. ._.
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 04:39:58 pm »

Did you change which battle system you were using at all while you were on?
Report Spam   Logged
Sonikku
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 05:54:23 pm »

If I had, it had been several hours since that point and the glitch occurring. I had been grinding on General Guy for a long while when it happened, and I never switched off of turn based since I reached that room.
Report Spam   Logged
Kimimaru
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:19:07 pm »

Yes, when you log on and don't change which battle system you're using it sometimes does that. We will guarantee that it'll be fixed next update.
Report Spam   Logged
Sonikku
Shrooblet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 09:24:06 pm »

Ah. Well then, I guess that explains it. X3
Report Spam   Logged
Razz the Koopa
Red Koopa Troopa

Razz the Koopa on SMBO Forums. Yoshinator on SMBO.

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 01:49:27 pm »

Its similiar to the glitch where you log in to a Turn-Based battle already in progress, as if you were just thrown into the action. Not bad, unless you take 2 hits to begin and have 1 HP remaining when you logged out. In which case, You'll log in to a Save Block Spawn.
Report Spam   Logged

Credit to Boshi for the Avitar. Thanks again Boshi, you rock! ^__^

PowerhouseYellow: Level 75.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: