Super Mario Bros. Online

Super Mario Bros. Online Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:55:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Super Mario Bros. Online forums! We hope you enjoy your stay! Please remember to read the rules!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Website download Staff List Login Register  

SMBO Developer Interview #3 (03/11/12)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SMBO Developer Interview #3 (03/11/12)  (Read 460 times)
Chaox
Global Moderator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Combination
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:22:48 pm »

Here's the next entry in the developer interview series:

Question: What made you decide to go into the field of game design/development?

Answer: Well, I've always loved video games ever since I was a child, and I had trouble finding something I was interested in. When I started making a Super Mario World hack I really enjoyed designing the levels and overworld. I found that game design allowed me to freely express my imagination and creativity, so from there I guess I just picked it up and got into more advanced stuff.

Question: Very nice and interesting! What elements of game balance do you partake in giving SMBO? The fans of this game have introduced a tier list, but shouldn't every character be equal?

Answer: I'm mainly looking at the player vs. computer aspect of the game, not so much at PvP. Specifically, I feel that the drop rates of Ability Special Badges are too low and the bosses are a little too strong, especially when they have minions. As for the tier list, I don't know. Jdaster has changed it several times, and with characters that all specialize in different stats it's kind of tough to say that they can be equal. The next update will introduce something that will help each character shine in his/her specialized stats.

Question: Speaking of the next update, what are we to expect for the new content?

Answer: I've said this before to players, but you can expect more of just about everything, including a new town, a new expansive area, and of course new equipment and special attacks.

Question: I have heard something about an aesthetic aspect that you're including. Can we get a little more information on that or is it a secret?

Answer: I believe that aesthetic feature was released in part 1 of the update, it being the character victory animations after winning a turn based battle.

Question: I see. What are your future plans for SMBO?

Answer: At the moment I'm not sure, but sadly I don't think I'll have enough time to work on it next term. However, I feel the upcoming update will push it forward quite a bit.

Question: That about wraps up the time I have. One final question: Who is the best pony?

Answer: Lol. I don't watch that show so I wouldn't know, sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Penguin4478
Touhou Music is Best
Global Moderator

Top Poster On The Forums!

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:48:21 pm »

XD interesting, lol. Derpyhooves is the best pony IMO.
Report Spam   Logged

Creator and leader of SMBO Union!

YTC: http://www.youtube.com/user/Penguin4478/videos
Card List and Recipes 100% Complete!
Segatendo
Forum Designer

I'm Kooper, kooper the koopa.

View Profile WWW
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:18:44 pm »

I loled at the last question because I didn't see it coming.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: